RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/2408226-extreme-flight-87%22-yak-54-build-fly.html)

torqmeister 02-28-2005 09:00 PM

RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Great pics guys. How did it feel to be in RC heaven for a few days? This great fun.

wgeffon 02-28-2005 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: torqmeister

How did it feel to be in RC heaven for a few days?
It was an incredible time. 4 days of perfect weather, great people to hang with and a superb flying site.
What else can you ask for??

Maudib 02-28-2005 09:16 PM

To live in Georgia... ;)

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

It was an incredible time. 4 days of perfect weather, great people to hang with and a superb flying site.
What else can you ask for??

matus777 02-28-2005 09:16 PM

"Wayne's video just has me droolin' at the slow speed characteristics..."

Either Wayne's flying really well or Drew really knows how to run that digital in slo-mo?

ten pillows 02-28-2005 09:17 PM

Thanks the pictures are very well done!

ten pillows

romanrc 02-28-2005 09:42 PM

Awesome video Wayne, I need some lessons (I think 20) to fly at 10% of you.

First video from Atlanta.
Lots more to come.

http://www.video.shutupandfly.com/WayneATL.wmv

wgeffon 02-28-2005 10:48 PM

You guys will see.....
This plane will allow you to do things with confidence. Its just doesnt get into trouble.
If you need to pull a ton of elevator.. Pull away.. All it will do is change pitch. It will not drop a wing.
Your slow but want to roll..... Roll to you hearts content.

I know I've said it before but it really is amazing.

jrjohn 03-01-2005 12:50 AM

Wayne, I noticed the Bendix in some of your pictures, I've found him to be a fairly sharp guy who doesn't mind saying what he really thinks. What did Scott think of your Yak?

John

wgeffon 03-01-2005 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

What did Scott think of your Yak?

John

He loved it so much he went home with one.

jrjohn 03-01-2005 12:56 AM

What did Scott think of your Yak?

John

He loved it so much he went home with one.

Wow, I didn't think he'd fly anything but a Carden

wgeffon 03-01-2005 12:57 AM

Like I said,

Its an amazing plane.

Jecarte 03-01-2005 01:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost there waiting on hardware kit to arrive.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

islandflyer 03-01-2005 03:11 AM

I WANT ONE !!!
I am sold from seing the video. It seems to fly as "light" and gracefully as my 42% extra 260.
I understand there is no word on next delivery, but perhaps you guys can let us know how long you waited for your's since ordering ???

Thanks

CHassan 03-01-2005 04:15 AM

Well some of these guys waited 2 YEARS for this thing!!!!! I myself waited about 2 months or so, I couldn't imagine waiting 2 years I would have ended up in a padded room with no windows or door. Drooling and saying something in tounge.
There have been rumors the next shipment could leave China in a couple months, however I have no idea the truth in this.

CHassan 03-01-2005 04:20 AM

I was just looking at some pics from shutupandfly ( http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly.com/swb_rudder.htm ) Does all of the hardware there come with the set up?? I know the SWB arm does not, but does the rest of the pull pull linkage in the pic?

bodywerks 03-01-2005 05:59 AM

I cant wait to get all my stuff together, in their packages, just to sit and DROOL!!! I love doing that - it makes me feel like a kid in a candy store again...something I need right now, seeing that I just turned 30 on the 25th[&o]
My Yak and spinner will be here today, my 9303 arrived yesterday, I have all my servos. Placed my orders the other day with Fromeco for the batteries and one regulated reliaswitch, with smart-fly for a regulator and ignition cutoff, with DA for a couple props & a header, with Chip Hyde for the silencer, and SWB for the control horns. My DA is going to be back in a week or so from updates, and I contacted BME to try and get a pair of their ultra-lite wheels. Once I get all the stuff together it will be build time! I made the mistake of agreeing to do a home project for the wife before I started on the Yak, so it will be "Mr. Handyman" this weekend. Then there will be a big fly-in in Cali the following weekend. By that time everything will be here and.....sorry:eek: I guess I am just getting excited!!!

bodywerks 03-01-2005 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: CHassan

I was just looking at some pics from shutupandfly ( http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly.com/swb_rudder.htm ) Does all of the hardware there come with the set up?? I know the SWB arm does not, but does the rest of the pull pull linkage in the pic?

Nope, those are the tensioners from SWB. I thought about getting those, as they are nice, but not necessary.

AEROSHELDON 03-01-2005 08:41 AM

Does anyone else have trouble with the video? It always says "file name, syntax, or volume label is incorrect" -- what the heck does that mean???? [:@]

jrjohn 03-01-2005 08:57 AM

David,

I'm looking at the wheel pants, it seems like a flimsy set up, I have a feeling you did something different to make it stronger. If so Could I have a picture and explaination of how you did it. Seems to me we'd be better off if the pants didn't have the slit in them

How about the tail wheel bracket, are those two tiny wood screws going to hold that thing on?
John

Mike Parsons 03-01-2005 09:11 AM

David,

I'm looking at the wheel pants, it seems like a flimsy set up, I have a feeling you did something different to make it stronger. If so Could I have a picture and explaination of how you did it. Seems to me we'd be better off if the pants didn't have the slit in them

How about the tail wheel bracket, are those two tiny wood screws going to hold that thing on?
John
I believe some have followed this method for the wheel pants. I think they will hold up fine stock, but I will go the extra few steps as this method looks rock solid. http://www.bollyprops.com/wheelpantinstall.html

-Mike

jrjohn 03-01-2005 09:12 AM

David, I might as well tell you what I'm thinking (i've done this in the past) Take the wheel axle and grind the corners off the flange nut to make it round. Then drill a hole in the wheel pants the same size as the now round nut. Then I like to make a bearing out of wood and epoxy it to the other side of the wheel pant (inside) And of coarse the two 4-40 screws through the landing gear into the wheel pant to stop it from rotating. "The slit they have in the wheel pant really weakens my set up

John

jrjohn 03-01-2005 09:18 AM

Thanks Mike, thats really close to what I like to do, only they don't round the flange nut. I'm going to make it this way

John

matus777 03-01-2005 10:06 AM

ALL, I've been trying to e-mail Chris at EF and let him know there was no damage to my plane eventhough the boxes took a hit but i keep getting messages back that the e-mails would not go thru due to DNS failure on his end...anyone else having trouble getting thru?

All my other E's are working fine.

EXTREME FLIGHT 03-01-2005 10:29 AM

Wayne, love the video and the old Chicago, they don't make music like that anymore. Really had a great time with you guys and already looking forward to the next get together.
Guys, we are caught up on shipping all of the hardware packages out. They have been sent via USPS Priority Mail and should arrive in the next day or two.
matus777 I got your email last night but as of this morning my email is not working. I planned to catch up on emails this morning so I hope I can get it sorted out soon.

jrjohn 03-01-2005 10:31 AM

Has anybody from the recent shipment recieved the hardware kit that is supposed to come by priority mail?
I'm sitting here in limbo :(

John