RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Aeroworks 33% Edge ARF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/3377012-aeroworks-33%25-edge-arf.html)

GaryM 09-20-2005 04:08 PM

Aeroworks 33% Edge ARF

Looking for info on how the older Aeroworks 33% Edge ARF (Red & White trimmed with a gold stripe) compares to some of the todays lighter 33% Edges.

If you ever owned one or even flew one what did you think about the plane?

Thanks Gary

flyinrazrback 09-20-2005 04:45 PM

RE: Aeroworks 33% Edge ARF

I had one a couple years ago, it flew pretty good, but was a little heavy. I think mine was 28lbs with a 3w 100. AW's kits of that plane and the extra tend to be quite a bit better than their ARFs.

IFLY3W 09-20-2005 06:49 PM

I had one, also.... Had it for abuot 2 years, then the F%^&*@ wing folded on it. It flew nice, but it did NOT fly precision that well. The Edge is more of a 3D monster. If you are looking for something that does precision well, look at any of the Extras, or maybe even a Yak. Don't get me wrong, A/W has some nice products, but I think a little more care and concern should go into their building process. Reason my wing folded was that there was ZERO epoxy on the wing phenolic!! I'm surprised that it lasted 2 years!!! I fly airplanes HARD!!! Harder than what some may think....

I for one, would probably lean towards the H9 Edge, if you want an Edge...

Chris~

Airo-RCU 09-20-2005 07:30 PM

HI; I had a 33% AW Edge it was a bit heavy with a DA-100. It 3D pretty good but not for IMAC. I have a one year old AW 33% 330L with a DA- 100 It was a builders kit. Plane weight 25-1/2 lbs total weight without fuel. Flys like a dream,3Ds out of sight and flys IMAC like its on a string. Great plane for either 3D or IMAC. Because of its weight it lands like a trainer and pulls vertitcaly very strong with 3/4 thottle. I have moved up to 40% planes. I don't fly my 330l AW anymore. If your really interested in a AW 33% I would sell you mind, let me know.

GaryM 09-20-2005 09:37 PM

Thanks for the info.

I just bought one ready to fly. I bought it for the DA 100 however I find myself considering keeping the whole plane.

The last few months I have been flying the Hangar 9 Edge with a DA 100 and needed some info on how the heavier larger Aeroworks Edge would compare.

I would fly it but it would take too much effort just for a couple of flights if it didnt warrant keeping it, ie. I would have to swap out the two JR RX for a couple of negative shift RX and then program in all the surfaces.

The plane itself is really nice, only about 60 flights, the wheel pants dont even have a scratch.
It has eight 8411s all around, Hays smoke pump, two tanks, CF landing gear, 2 JR RX, Nelson horns, Three heavy duty switches and a nice pilot figure.

So what I gather even at 27lbs it will 3D OK. Tough decision to keep it or part it out!

Thanks Gary

BBW Walt 09-21-2005 06:05 AM

Delete

Supermod56 09-22-2005 06:47 AM

I had one with a 3W100, it was great, never weighed it, but it didn't fly heavy at all, floated like a feather!! I sold it because I got tired of flying it after 300 flights!! Check the tube in the wing as mentioned above, mine was OK, but I know it was a problem on a lot of them.

Tom