RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Which 50cc Yak for me ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/3816452-50cc-yak-me.html)

flyrccg 01-23-2006 10:59 PM

Which 50cc Yak for me ?

OK guys I need some help. I'm thinking about buying a yak and not sure which one to buy. I don't fly 3-d very well. To be honest, I do more sport flying. I have a WH Edge and I think it flies great and easy to fly and land. Because I don't fly much 3-d I'm not to concerned with weight. My Edge is around 18 lbs. with a MVVS 58 and thats fine with me. Looking for a great flying plane without breaking the bank. I'll be using a MVVS 58 for this Yak.

greyhound man 01-23-2006 11:33 PM

RE: Which 50cc Yak for me ?

Which color scheme do you like most? I have an Aviation models yak with a Evo 58 on it and it is a fantastic combo. [link=http://www.aerobaticmodels.com/]Aviation Models[/link]

Banche 01-23-2006 11:38 PM

Yah the Aviation Models would be the best I think.

Dont be scared to try hovering around or any of that 3D stuff. It really isnt that hard, I could TR before I could make nice rolls strait and level down the runway.

Just hold right aileron if you are starting and get low. It is easiest when you are lower, oh and you dont want very much expo at all, that is the killer, just enough so you can fly without crashing but VERY LITTLE EXPO on high rates.

You can do just about any color scheme and call sammy at aviation models and I think he can even make you one!

The Yak from is One of the best Yaks out there and it would probably be the best for the MVVS.

flyrccg 01-24-2006 11:09 AM

Thanks guys for the input. There are so many new Yaks and more new ones every day. How strong do they seen to be on hard landings and ease of build. What do you get for $639.00, for that $ you should get top quality hardware and all thats needed.

flyrccg 01-24-2006 11:26 AM

Has anyone had any experiance with Aerotech, their Yak is $100 less than the TOC?

flyrccg 01-24-2006 12:16 PM

I also found AW for 575.00 w/all hardware including alum. stand-offs and pre-glued ail/elev.
The new Lanier 87" at local HS for $449

krayzc-RCU 01-24-2006 05:40 PM

wish i had me a Yak:D

Josey Wales 01-24-2006 06:04 PM

Since the EF is not available right now I would go with the QQ..Its the same quality as the EF Yak which is unbelievable:)

JoeAirPort 01-24-2006 06:25 PM

I'm not real crazy about that QQ covering job even though its probably the best flying out there (besides EF). Just looks odd to me. The Aeroworks, Aviation models and others are pretty cool. The BME YAK covering is a little odd too. Good thing there's plenty of choices out there now. :)

RBgunner 01-24-2006 06:28 PM

I love my QQ Yak (so far, not many flights yet), but it is a bit more money and if you are not concerned about weight (mine weights in at only 16 lbs. 7 oz.) you may want to go with something less expensive. I agree with the quality statement. My QQ Yak is awesome and I love the color scheme. I would just go with which ever Yak you like to looks of most and have the money for. If you are thinking about trying some 3D stuff then I definitely recommend the QQ Yak. Don't forget about the BME Yak. Also a great plane and you get a lot for your money. [8D]

Josey Wales 01-24-2006 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

I'm not real crazy about that QQ covering job even though its probably the best flying out there (besides EF). Just looks odd to me. The Aeroworks, Aviation models and others are pretty cool. The BME YAK covering is a little odd too. Good thing there's plenty of choices out there now. :)

You can get it in all white if you want![8D]:D:)

expresspilot 01-24-2006 08:06 PM

I have the QQ Yak with a DA50 and I do have a lot of flights on it and I can tell you great plane, flys great , Well built, could not be happier with it. I'm sure many of the yaks would work well for you and you should get what makes you happy. If you start thinking QQ then I give it two thumbs up.

JoeAirPort 01-25-2006 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wit to hear how that AW 50cc Yak flies. Looks is not everything so I like to hear flight reports first.

exeter_acres 01-25-2006 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: flyrccg

Because I don't fly much 3-d I'm not to concerned with weight.

You should always look at weight... no matter your style....

lighter flies better......

I fly my QQ Yak and Loooooooovvvvvvveeee it!

flyrccg 01-25-2006 12:55 PM

I talked to Lanier and they said the Yak they have is very similar to their already released Edge and Extra and flies Similar as well. Has anyone seen or flown these?