RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Aeroworks Yak,yes or no? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/3935240-aeroworks-yak-yes-no.html)

discusmike 02-20-2006 10:12 AM

Aeroworks Yak,yes or no?

What do you guys think of the new yak from aeroworks thats soon to be released?to heavy?Compared to other 50cc Yaks on the market,is this plane a yes or a no?Thanks for the input.

Tired Old Man 02-20-2006 10:26 AM

RE: Aeroworks Yak,yes or no?

My opinion is yes, it will be a good plane.

bodywerks 02-20-2006 12:09 PM

I saw the prototype in person and it is very nice. You can also see a video at www.aero-works.net . It is heavier than, say, the QQ Yak and EF Yak, but is a little bigger (not much), and is supposed to be lighter than the other Yak offerings. I'd choose it in a second over the Lanier, BME, Aerotech, Goldberg, Great pains, or any other Yak out there with the exception of maybe the QQ Yak.

Banker 02-20-2006 12:16 PM

Good luck on getting one soon. They have a ton of pre-orders and only 150 planes coming in.

Ernsbarger 02-20-2006 12:45 PM

Hey Banker, the last I heard from AeroWorks they will have two containers arriving in the next few weeks. As for availability, that's a toss-up. There have been a bunch already spoke for but there still maybe some available. If you want one you better get on the list.

Anixously waiting for mine. IMAC season is just about to begin.

Banker 02-20-2006 01:00 PM

Been on the list for a while and they still say it is not certain I will get one.

Ernsbarger 02-21-2006 08:35 PM

I'm hangin' in there with you. We should know in a couple of weeks. Until then I think I'll take in the WRAMS show. That may take my mind offs of these YAKs.[8D]

fasterthanlife 02-21-2006 10:09 PM

I'm worried for them... the guy in the video had it DOD but it was realllllll twitchy.... maybe it was the wind.. or the pilot.

It'll be a great plane none the less.

discusmike 02-21-2006 10:29 PM

Thanks guys,so many out there,so hard to choose.

Mark Dennis 02-22-2006 06:50 PM

When we shot the video it was really cold and really windy so those two factors can explain the twitchyness. As far as how the plane flys it does very well in most if not all aspects of giant scale planes, very stable for imac but it also 3D's quite well. They are on the water now and I will post when they get here on the Aero-Works forum.

NeoGenesis 02-23-2006 10:37 AM

For me....Aeroworks is a NO.

Neo

bodywerks 02-23-2006 05:54 PM

Sorry to hear that - my bet is that you are going to miss out on some great new products with better service...

NeoGenesis 02-23-2006 07:46 PM

I've already got a 33% Yak in the works. Not going to start a brand war, but I felt the one I purchased had more bang for my buck.

Neo

bodywerks 02-24-2006 03:28 AM

That's an easy choice to make right now, since no-one actually has the Aeroworks kit yet. But when they do become available, it will be interesting to see if people out there change their minds :D

NeoGenesis 02-24-2006 08:02 AM

To be honest, I think they are going to have a tough time at it. Many of the new planes are already on the market, and most are not willing to wait for a plane to come in when there are many others out there right now that are just as nice. By the time theirs come in, unless your a fast "assembler" you'll be pushing to have it flying at the beginning of the season. I do wish them luck, it looks very nice.

Neo

ghost-RCU 02-24-2006 09:54 PM

I don't care if I have to wait on this bird. I have other planks I can fly & heli's too. :DI have looked at other planes & this is my chosen one. Looks like one tough bird.

bodywerks 02-24-2006 10:01 PM

It's definitely tough...

Rocky V. 02-25-2006 01:14 PM

Please keep up posted when you guys get them. I've got a BME 50 laying around in need of a home. Was kind of leaning toward a Wild Hare Edge, but this looks very nice. It's good to see AeroWorks getting back into the mix.

buenger_2000 03-08-2006 07:54 PM

Has anybody heard any new news of these? I ordered one and am excited to get mine. Let us know if anybody has any inside info and if they'll be shipping soon. Thanks

Mark Dennis 03-08-2006 08:01 PM

The container will be here on the 21st and will take a few days to reach our warehouse. We will start shipping as soon as we get all of the enventory done wich only takes about a day.

b-mccor8 03-09-2006 11:38 AM

Went with the bme 30% yak. They have them in stock. It was a hard choice .. We all know the bug when we want something it has to be now.:D

JohnVH 03-09-2006 01:07 PM

The Aeromaster/BME yak is an amazing plane!! They did their homework on top of being a great 3D plane flies precision soooo well!!! Great choice!

buenger_2000 03-10-2006 10:24 AM

I think I'm just going to wait for the Aeroworks Yak to come in. Should have it by the end of the month anyways. Plus where I'm at its just now thawing out and warming up in the 40s! lol I like the color scheme better too.

FlyEng 04-12-2006 10:42 AM

I have now received my aeroworks Yak. Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet so I can't report on that yet. It is beautiful. The amount of pre assembly is great. Has anyone else received theirs?

FlyEng 11-06-2006 07:47 PM

I went with carbon gear, and spinner. Weight is coming in at about 17lbs-4oz. No wheel pants, and DA-50.