RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   anybody seen this web site (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/612888-anybody-seen-web-site.html)

DENNIS C 03-10-2003 01:29 AM

anybody seen this web site

this site is for the hurley 35% arc check it out.
www.aero-xtreme.com

Badge 03-10-2003 02:39 AM

They offer an excellent custom built aircraft for the right price in my opinion.

DENNIS C 03-10-2003 02:43 AM

thinking very hard about this one :confused:

Jleyland 03-10-2003 03:33 AM

I just dont see how it can be so cheap

Badge 03-10-2003 03:41 AM

I'm sure it comes from a well thought out plan and careful selection of top quality materials. Just by looking at the pics on there site you can tell a lot of time and effort go into each plane. The big tell tale sign that they are building a winner; they are building it for Mike Hurley himself so what does that say about these guys.

JohnVH 03-10-2003 04:06 AM

Originally posted by RudderMagic
I just dont see how it can be so cheap
Whats so special about it? Just curious

Jleyland 03-10-2003 04:21 AM

Its just a really good price - thats all. Built by professional builders in the USA. They must of figured out a way to make 2 or 3 a day. To me, its just hard to believe. I bet the quality will be there, however I'm skeptical that they can keep up with production. The site says within 10 days they'll have your plane shipped. Wouldn't that be great? I've seen plenty of things that are too good to be true in this hobby. Hopefully this isn't one of them.

JohnVH 03-10-2003 04:24 AM

OK, I was just asking because for less than that you can buy a H9 33% plane ARF.

Flyfalcons 03-10-2003 04:27 AM

Hmmm, if they can do 2 or 3 per day then they should be okay, because the market really narrows once you go past 33%. Looks like a nice plane.

Jleyland 03-10-2003 04:28 AM

The H9 arfs are just fine.

Flyfalcons 03-10-2003 04:34 AM

Who said they weren't?

Jleyland 03-10-2003 04:35 AM

Just a nice way of saying that comparing that plane to a h9 arf is like apples and oranges.

JohnVH 03-10-2003 04:36 AM

Like comparing a big apple to a little bit bigger apple:D

KenHamlin 03-11-2003 03:48 AM

Badge,
You make it sound like they have Mike Hurley's complete blessing on this hole venture, I can assure everone they do not, possibly they are going to send Mr. Hurley one to look it over, but that would be all.
Ken

Badge 03-11-2003 11:34 AM

I am simply going on what I read on there site. I dont know about you but 800 bucks for a 35% Extra basically custom built, I'm not fighting it.

Mike Wiz 03-11-2003 01:57 PM

Ken,

What do you mean they do not have "Mike Hurley's complete blessing".

Are you saying this company is using a copyrighted design belonging to Mike Hurley and are using his name to build, advertise and sell the product without his consent?

Wiz

BrianMorris 03-11-2003 01:59 PM

How do you advertise your kit,Ken? I know you too, are kitting this bird.Or at least partially
Other than the yahoo site www.groups.yahoo.com/groupCNCFoamDesignPower/
I am wondering where else you are advertising.I like reading everything people are writing about this building project.

KenHamlin 03-12-2003 02:49 AM

My apologies

I have to apologize for my previous reply, what I wrote didn't sound the way a meant it to. I agree the guy's at AeroExtreme have a way cool ARC for a really good price, and from what I hear they are very competent builder's. It just sounded like people were thinking Mike Hurley had a part in their project and from my conversation's with Mike, he hasn't seen one of their plane's yet.
Ken

BrianMorris 03-12-2003 03:36 AM

You are right Ken.They only say that they are building one for Mike H.
I think it's nice that the article from Model Aviation created work for some people.Supply and demand is a beautiful thing!
B

KenHamlin 03-12-2003 04:20 AM

I agree Brian, I hope Mike can come up with another project that he might be able to benefit from, I think we all agree, he deservs it.
Ken

Flynbulldog 03-21-2003 06:30 PM

Guys,
Aero Extreme is set up as a building service. They build you a custom Extra from scratch based on my plans. The plan is available to everyone and I can do nothing about people building for others. Yes they are building one for me. I ordered one from them because I want to see what they are doing. They have made changes to the plane so be aware that you are not getting a plane built exactly to the plan. I do not endorse the product or the company and have not seen it yet. I’ve talked with Van from Aero Extreme and I don’t have a problem with the idea of a custom builder. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that I have no connection with this company and cannot control any aspect of the product or transaction with them.

I’ve asked Van to remove my photos and my name from his website so that there will be less confusion about any involvement on my part. Hopefully he will replace them with photos of his planes so that you can see more images of his work.

Mike Hurley

AeroXtreme 03-21-2003 06:33 PM

It's our site !

Let me put all the rumors to rest.

We talked to Mike Hurley about using his plans to build these ARC kits, and he told us as long as they where not being "kitted", but Custom Built one at a time, as they are ordered, he had no issue with it.

The planes are built to order, one at a time, by "hand" ( there are 7 of us ) and we are shipping about 10 days or so after orderds are placed.

Mike Hurley was sent one of these, no, not for Free, he paid for it, and it will be reviewed in a future issue of the AMA publication.

Mike Hurley, or his friend Eric, have "NO Association" with our company at all, nor is he an "Endorser". Mike is aware of our site, the product, and is an owner of one of our planes.

The products are top quality, and of the finest materials.

How can it be done so inexpensively ? We cut all of our own foam CNC in house, as well as all the parts. If you buy in bulk, things cost less, plain and simple. We also don't have to pay an overhead like Horizion or many of the others do. I think you would be amazed at how little they have in each Hanger 9 ARF.

Just wanted to set the record straight before this thread went crazy. Hope to see you at our site, or flying one of our planes.

We'll have Carbon Fiber gear and pants in a couple weeks for this plane as well.

Thanks,

Rod Graham
Aero-Xtreme

macmaster77 03-24-2003 09:22 PM

Build it for $50.00

I am currently building this airplane. The wood and the foam cost me under $50.00. Even after you buy the plastic parts and the metal parts you would be under the $800.00 that they are asking.

Jleyland 06-14-2003 11:23 PM

Are you guys still shipping within 10 days of a customers order?

airnuts 06-23-2003 03:52 PM

AEROXTREME WENT OUT OF BUSINESS