Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Help with a De Havilland Beaver >

Help with a De Havilland Beaver

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Help with a De Havilland Beaver

Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a De Havilland Beaver

I need a little bit of help her guys. I have a Global Quality Kits De Havilland Beaver 64" wingspan ID#232130 kit that is missing the plans. The plane was partially built (one wing only) with all the other parts & accessories, except for the plans. Global Quality Kits is no longer in business, so I was unable to get an original set from the manufacturer. I would really like to be able to finish this model, but I could really use a set of plans for it. Does anyone have a set scanned or be able to copy there set so that I can complete the build?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 PM

Default RE: Help with a De Havilland Beaver

I am currently building a Unionville Hobbies 6' beaver and could supply some pics if you think that would help.  You could make a template from the built wing to build the other half.  The problem will be the fuse template because the it is built of many parts over a frame; no formers.  I could give you measurements to scale down a little if you can't locate plans. Good luck. 
Old 12-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Thanks Huck1199 for that, but I really don't have an issue with the wing; that should be the easy part! I have a few 3-views I can blow up in ACAD and plot to scale for the basic shape of the wing and tail feathers. My main concern for wanting the plans is to figure out all the additional parts for the fuselage and other odd small parts. You know how when you scratch build something how you plan out all the structure and add little reinforcements where needed? Well, most of these older kits have all those additional pieces with numbers on them and are really not self explanatory as to where they go without the instructions or plans. I was hoping someone might have either or both to assure me I have all the parts and know where they go. If I am missing some parts, it would also help me in laying out a replacement part.

Anyone else go a set of plans for this older out of production kit?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:28 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

This guy was selling a kit last month,, it doesn't look like it sold, maybe he can scan it for ya, good luck
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=694682