Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 HD1501mg servos. Any reviews? >

HD1501mg servos. Any reviews?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

HD1501mg servos. Any reviews?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD1501mg servos. Any reviews?

I have tried them in a extra 300 and found the centering a little off. Maybe with smaller arms, they would work. Are metal gears necessary with gassers?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Default RE: HD1501mg servos. Any reviews?

I find that these are great VALUE servos. They work as advertised and are a fantastic buy for the money, however if you are putting them into something that you have your blood sweat and tears into you may want to re consider. They are by no means the best servo on the market, but for the money, they are hard to beat.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use four on ailerons in my big SunDancer bipe with G62. They center ok for me, havent noticed a problem yet. I'll keep an eye out for it though. I have eight more I plan on using in sport and warbirds. I dont fly 3D so cant tell you an honest opinion on that. They're not real fast but thats ok with me. I ran them for 30 flights in a trainer that I flew pretty hard for testing. The next batch was run on my servo tester for 20 minutes each looking for any early failures. Theres a guy on here that seems to hate them and tells people to run away from them, thats just not my experience so far.
Edwin
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 AM

I had them in a 30cc extra, and they worked well, but the centering was off. I believe they are reliable, but maybe not real precise for pattern.