Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Hangar 9 Cap 232G

Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Cap 232G

Hi
Does anyone have any experience with this aircraft?
i fly today an YAK-54 i think made by CA model how is the Cap compared to the Yak?
thanks
ilan</p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41413.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1550005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87434.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1550006  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hangar 9 Cap 232G

Yes I do have alot of experience with the HANGAR 9 CAP 232 G. I recommend that you set up the elevator control throws alot milder than recommended in the instructions for first flights! THIS AIRPLANE IS PRONE TO SNAP ROLLING WITH TOO MUCH ELEVATOR INPUT!.
I personally recommend that you set up the low elevator rate at 7/16" up/down throws using about 50% exponential which will soft center the gimbals. Dont ever panic on that elevator. To tame it I set up the wing incidence at 1/2 degree negative using an incidence meter. The kit's stock wing incidence is set up at 0 degrees. It's not very hard to sand down the rear of the wing saddle and it helps to prevent it from snap rolling at the bottom of loops which usually puts your heart up into the back of the throat.

When you go to take off don't just punch it, advance the throttle to about half to get her rolling and allow for the vertical stabilizer to become effective before full throttle. If it snaps out on you at the bottom of a loop still simply exit inverted and recover. At that point reduce elevator throws a little more. Cap 232's are extremely elevator sensitive for some reason. Take it easy at first until you get to know her and set her up right to your liking. This airplane might appear at first to be quarky but after you get it dialed in to your style of flying it will prove to be your best friend. Power on mine was a DA 50...make sure your power is dependable.

Enter all high alpha manuevers from inverted attitude. This airplane looks spectacular when smoked.
Good luck!