Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 finally got me a giant scale >

finally got me a giant scale

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

finally got me a giant scale

Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got me a giant scale

so im sitting here deployed to afganistan with my tax money in the bank, i thought dam i should get me a giant gasser..albeit its on the smaller side of giant scale. i bought an mx-s 35cc from chiefaircraft. i got the one thats green with checkered. i looked around on here for some servo suggestions but after fighting with the slow internet not properly loading some pages i figured i would just check out some planes that are equal in specs as the mx-s. i looked at some planes on towerhobbies and came to the conclussion that towerhobbies servos ts-70 will do the job at 6 volts. i also ordered a new radio to go with it a fut. 7caf, i think i should have gone with a 2.4 setup but i have nothing thats 2.4 and the radio will do me justice for all the other planes i have that are on fm. i plan on running an mld 35cc from cermark. heck i also bought an sr-71 propjet from texas rc and another aerobatic plane from valuehobby. i suppose i just had an itch to buy planes and now im really looking forward to getting back to georgia to fly.

if anyone has any suggestions for the mx-s or sr-71 please put you 4 cents worth in.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: finally got me a giant scale

God bless you and be safe.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It may sound like a "canned" response, as the term has been used many, many times, but I "GENUINELY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to this great country." When you great back and get your new plane trimmed out, the best I would like to hear from you, is that, your tires have worn out and that you'll have to replace them ! Make sure you include photo's here of your plane and the "worn out" tires. Say "hi" to your buds and thank them for me.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: RACE 66

It may sound like a ''canned'' response, as the term has been used many, many times, but I ''GENUINELY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to this great country.'' When you great back and get your new plane trimmed out, the best I would like to hear from you, is that, your tires have worn out and that you'll have to replace them ! Make sure you include photo's here of your plane and the ''worn out'' tires. Say ''hi'' to your buds and thank them for me.
yes sir. no thanks needed. its just what we do.

i will get pictures of it when it is going together and when i fly it, i will also get one of the club guys to make a video of it also. stay tuned will have it in the air in about a month and half.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 AM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

I too want to say my thanks to you and all the servicemen deployed. I am thankful to work in the defence industry and want you to know that it's the guys and gals in the field that come to my mind as I see equipment being shipped out of the factory.

As to your airplane, great choice! I would suggest however to take a second look at your engine and servo choices. If I was outfitting the same airplane I would be looking at the DLE 30 and some Hitec digitals.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

I too want to say my thanks to you and all the servicemen deployed. I am thankful to work in the defence industry and want you to know that it's the guys and gals in the field that come to my mind as I see equipment being shipped out of the factory.

As to your airplane, great choice! I would suggest however to take a second look at your engine and servo choices. If I was outfitting the same airplane I would be looking at the DLE 30 and some Hitec digitals.
whats the difference between the digital servos and the ts-70's? i keep hearing about digital servos but i apparently have had no education regarding them.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are looking at Tower Hobbies, then take a look at this servo, it is digital and and you probably would like the feel of how the plane flies a lot better.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPHD4&P=SM
I second the motion about the DLE 30. They are getting a real good reputation around my neck of the woods.
If you need a 72 mhz radio for your older equipment, you will find transmitters pretty cheap on the used market. I can't really see buying a new one. Once you fly on 2.4, not worrying about getting shot down by another flyer is worth it. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get out of that Heckhole of a country very soon.