Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

1/4 vailley l19 birddog

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

1/4 vailley l19 birddog

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:16 AM
g6rcteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 vailley l19 birddog

i just started a precision cut kit vailley cessna bird dog i got this kit second hand and had to order new plans the old fuse and tail plans were missing any body know if there was suppossed to be instructions or is this an old school no instruction start anywhere you want type scratch build p.s. i got the wings framed up while i was waiting for fuse and tail plans and if anybody is intrested i will keep posting this as the build continues with more pics............... this plane will compete in top gun 2012 if the world doesnt end that is lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
g6rcteam

Default RE: 1/4 vailley l19 birddog

starting on fuse today shouldnt be hard at all i built a top flight stinson sr9 and that fuse was alot harder looking then roy vallincorts building methods also if any one has built this plane b4 and have any comments or suggestions please feel free to put your 2 cents in any help on scale additions that would have to be assembled b4 fuse is coverd with sheet balsa  and aluminum ie to be able to get at them  for paint or instalation im putting in a full cockpit with controls stick n rudd petals full seat no visable r.c. equipment no visable r.c. motor and scale exhaust pipes also if anyone knows of any interesting info on the fullscale that might help happy landings 

Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
tcrowson

Check out the 1/4 scale L-19 build thread it has a lot of enhancements to make it closer to scale. I have the 1/5 scale plans from Roy although am building a 1/5 scale Murataka kit. One thing I noticed about the 1/5 scale Vallencourt plans is that the elevator outline is wrong comparison with a good 3 view and a actual airplane shows a deviation in the inboard ends of the elevators.
Good luck with your build.

Tas
Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
g6rcteam

Thanks for the info on the tail i will do some research on the out line i had just found that build thread this evening and was checking it out a real nice plane if mine comes out that nice i should have a winner

Old 03-23-2011, 10:44 AM
SIMCO
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Build thread in warbirds. My friend Gene built one. Flys real nice.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:31 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try RCSCALEBUILDER.COM for threads on this Birddog. You will need to register and can't post without contributing something.

Click on: http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/default.asp

Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
tcrowson

Another resource is the IBDA (International Bird Dog Association) www.ibdaweb.com There is also a book by Minard Thompson "The Loveable One Niner" which is a good resource and can be purchased on the IBDA web site. You might find someone who has a full scale L-19 close to you through them.

Tas
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
g6rcteam

fin and rudder are done up to fanal sanding stab also tommorrow will be fuse jig and cockpit frame up to back window did you guys use the stock aluminum gear or did you modd the shape to scale ?