Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 Carbon Wing Tube >

Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 Carbon Wing Tube

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 Carbon Wing Tube

Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 Carbon Wing Tube

Hey Guys,</p>

So I am currently building a Hanger 9 27% Extra 260, going with a DA-50 and slimline Pitts with smoke. I wanted to sabe some weight to offset the additional weight of the smoke system andstarted shoping forcarbon parts.The gear already being carbon is great but I have been hunting for a carbon with tube. The 1 1/16" diameter of the tube seems to be an odd ball size. Well I called Graph Tech today to see if they could measure some of their 1" tubes and see if any of them were on the thick side of 1" the guy asked what plane it was for and when I told him it was the H-9 27% extra 260 he said your in luck! They found a supplier and will be stocking that tube with in 2 weeks. I hate heavy wing tubes, its such a waste of weight so I thought I would pass this along. Its not on there website so you would have to call to inquire about them. I have no affiliation with them but I figured others that own this plane might want the lighter weight carbon option.</p>
Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 27% Extra 260 Carbon Wing Tube

Bri,

Keep us posted how it fits. I just finished one amd also noticed the weird size and would like to offset some weight.

You may want to change out the gear though. There are numerous reports (do a search) of it delaminating prematurely after a few landings.I called Horizon and had it replaced for free with aluminum. Or you can probably get a replacement from Graphtech when you get your wing tube if you want.

ML