Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick >

Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick

Old 04-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick

I'm looking for a plan sheets 2 and 3 from the Midwest Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick from the Mid 90s or thereabouts. Even better, I'd like to get a hold of an intact kit for this airplane. Anyone have any leads at all on this kit? I had one that was obliterated in a mid-air collision. Really would like to have another.

Thanks for any help, here.

Keith
Old 04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick

If your search is unsuccessful, you have the option of an AMR kit. I hear the quality is exceptional.

Best of luck!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:46 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Yes, I'm staging one now.

You can buy plans with templates from Mark off of ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Giant-Scale-Midw...item53e71ba9f3
Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Here is the hardware I'm going to use in my electric conversion. The list is still growing

Giant Sweet'n Low Stick

1 Airframe
A Wood.............................................. .................................................. .......................$150.00
B Composit Dave Brown Carbon Fiber Strip 5.5'.............................................. ......4x $26.76
Airframe Total
$176.76

2 External Hardware
A Wind shield RJ Speed Lexan Sheet 8x12" .040.............................................. ...........$4.79
B Williams Brothers 1/4 Spandau Aero Machine Gun.............................................2x $33.18
C Fourmost Cockpit Coaming 1/4" Large............................................. ..........................$4.29
D Sullivan Flying Wires Bracing Kit............................................... ..............................$23.79
E Fourmost U-Trim Large 1/4"................................................ .......................................$4.29
External Hardware Total
$70.34

3 Power System
A Motor HXT 63-74 200kv Brushless Outrunner......................................... ................$55.35
B Motor mount HXT Motor Mount for 63-74................................................ ...................$6.27
C Fiala 23X16 3-Blade Prop.............................................. ...........................................$60.00
D Shaft adapter to suit 10mm motor shaft (collet).......................................... .............$3.95
E ESC Turnigy Super Brain 100A.............................................. ...................................$89.96
F Batteries Turnigy 3300mAh 5S 30C Lipo.............................................. ............4x $158.24
Power System Total
$373.77

4 Electronic Control System
A OrangeRx 2.4Ghz Receiver.......................................... ........................................2x $59.98
B Receiver batteries ZIPPY Flightmax 2200mAh 2S1P 20C..................................2x $14.30
C TURNIGY 8-15A UBEC.............................................. ...........................................2x $28.60
D Servos HS-645MG............................................. .................................................5 x $157.45
E Quanum Onboard Telemetry System............................................ ..........................$34.95
Electronic Control System Total
$295.28

5 Mechanical linkages
A Great Planes Large Scale Double Control Horn Set...........................................3X $18.87
B Great Planes Deluxe 4-40 Pull-Pull System............................................ ............3X $29.97
C Dubro Heavy Duty Wing Mount Kit 1/4-20................................................ ...................$2.79
D Dubro Threaded Rod 4-40 12" (6)............................................... ................................$3.59
E Hayes Heavy Duty Steel Pin Clevis 4-40 (4)............................................... ................$2.69
F Dubro Pushrod Exit 4-40 (4)............................................... ....................................3X $8.07
G Hitec Heavy Duty Metal Horn 1" Double Sided............................................. ......3X $32.97
H Hitec Standard Metal Horn 3/4" Single Sided............................................. ........2X $15.18
I Robart Super Ball Link Control Horn 1-1/4"................................................ .................$6.69
Mechanical linkages Total
$120.82

6 Landing Gear
A Robart 672 Robostrut L&R............................................... ...........................................$100.00
B CB Associates CB5515 tail wheel hardware.......................................... .......................$29.95
C Main wheels Sullivan SkyLite Wheel w/Aluminum Hub 4-1/2".................................2x $37.98
D Tail wheel Dubro Tail Wheel 2"................................................ .......................................$5.99
E K&S Music Wire 1/4" 36" (3)............................................... .............................................$9.49
Landing Gear Total $183.41

7 Finishing
A Covering Natural 10 meter Solartex.......................................... ..................................$93.25
B Fiber Glass Hobbico Fiberglass Cloth 3/4 oz 1 Square Yard.................................10x $54.90
C Primeing Magic Primer 1 QT................................................ .........................................$24.25
D Paint
Top Flite LustreKote Spray Missile Red 10 oz................................................ ........5x $34.95
Top Flite LustreKote Spray Black 10 oz................................................ .................5x $34.95
Top Flite LustreKote Spray Jet White 10 oz................................................ ...........5x $34.95
Top Flite LustreKote Spray Flat Clear 10 oz................................................ ...........5x $34.95
E Scale detailing
Finishing Total
$312.20

Grand Total
$1,532.58

Old 04-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I'm checking out the links, now. I am impressed with the AMR quality and designs. I wish they had a traditional swt and lo stick design however, with solid ply/balsa fuse and the rounded tail. Looks like the ebay site may hold the key for me. Thanks again, guys.
Keith
Old 04-17-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe take a look at Bridi Designs, you could build the Big Bee with a rounded tial or whatever. lower cost than the AMR also.

http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/bigbee.html

Of coursse, the Low Stick was just a shoulder wing stick with the fuse turned over. No reason you could not do that to any stick you choose, along with modifying the wing tips, wing trailing edge. stab and fin outlines, whatever. Just keep the areas about the same and the vertical and horizontal projrections about the same.

Sincerely, Richard
Old 04-17-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: xkadet

I'm looking for a plan sheets 2 and 3 from the Midwest Giant Scale Sweet-and-Low stick from the Mid 90s or thereabouts. Even better, I'd like to get a hold of an intact kit for this airplane. Anyone have any leads at all on this kit? I had one that was obliterated in a mid-air collision. Really would like to have another.

Thanks for any help, here.

Keith
I have the orignal Phil Kraft Ugly Stik plans if you want me to have them copied for you.

Sincerely, Richard
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 PM

Kadet
I probably have those plans. Are you going to the Joe Nall?