Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Do you Have a Byron Straight mount ? >

Do you Have a Byron Straight mount ?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Do you Have a Byron Straight mount ?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do you Have a Byron Straight mount ?

I need a Byron straight mount kit for a G62 or a Purr power setup for the same .
Anyone have either that they would like to part with ? New or used in good useable condition prefered.
I have had no luck finding one in the" for sale/wanted "
Thanks, Your help will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-25-2011, 12:48 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you Have a Byron Straight mount ?

by straight mount are you taling about the serated tube with 2 flat flanges that are adjustable for position? I have one of these as well as several cup mounts from Byron in bags labeled for the Purr Power system. Can get you pics and dimensions if this is what youare looking for.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
CK1

wireman ,
I don't have any pics. The mount is a couple of aluminum collars , a 1-1/2 to 2 '' diameter pipe about 12" long with a metal flange on the end that will accept a B&B mount cup. The flange are similar to the Purr power flanges (maybe the same). It is not the Byron mount with the short knurled tube with the plastic flanges .

Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: CK1

I need a Byron straight mount kit for a G62 or a Purr power setup for the same .
Anyone have either that they would like to part with ? New or used in good useable condition prefered.
I have had no luck finding one in the'' for sale/wanted ''
Thanks, Your help will be greatly appreciated
I have one of the mounts .... tube welded onto a plate drilled for a 3W60 but I don't have any of the clamps. Let me know if this would help at all.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a spare Byron's Universal mount which is the Knurled tube with a couple of brackets that clamp around the tube, and bolt to the firewall and the engine back plate.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 PM
CK1

Stickbuilder , Thanks but I have a universal mount , I need the straight mount to tie the 2 firewalls together for structural strength .
Truckracer , I dont even have the clamps at this point . I need the whole setup. I may take you up on the tube if I can find some clamps .
Thanks ,
Chris
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: CK1

Stickbuilder , Thanks but I have a universal mount , I need the straight mount to tie the 2 firewalls together for structural strength .
Truckracer , I dont even have the clamps at this point . I need the whole setup. I may take you up on the tube if I can find some clamps .
Thanks ,
Chris
I used the mount for years to support my cat's scratching post! Flat plate mounted on a carpet covered piece of ply and a carpet covered large mailing tube was slid doen on the tube part. Worked great for that!! Mount is in great condition though with very little plane use. In fact, it never flew. I set up the Byron plane for this mount but switched to a Purr Power before flight.