Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

50cc AT-6 Plans

Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc AT-6 Plans

I am thinking of building a large T6 the Don Smith is for 30 35cc and the ziroli is rated at 50 to 75cc , I have a DA50r and dont plan on getting any thing bigger, Iam thinking of getting a 35cc, also would appreciate input as to which may be the best flyer any input would be appreciated. I figure I could inlarge or reduce either plan to maybe half way between them . I understand there used to be a midwest kit if any one has plans for that I would possibly be intrested in that . The T6 intrest me as I have allways liked it, and I built a controlline one back in the fifties and a few years back I got to fly and do some aerobatics in one and I would just like to have a warbird in the hanger and the T6 being a trainer that has fired its guns in anger certintaly qualifies.

Thanks Dave
Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Default RE: 50cc AT-6 Plans

Sell the 50cc engine here on RCU, purchase the plans, cowl, canopy from Ziroli, get yourself a G-62 and have more fun than flying the real thing. You'l be very disappointed with a small T6, so make the jump and go with the Ziroli. You can thank me later.....
Old 06-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason at [email protected] had a Midwest AT-6 he was wanting to sell. Maybe contact him and see if it is still available. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard/Club Saito #635
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Here is one you may consider: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=752540

This is basically an all composite version of the Midwest kit with a few mods to give it a more accurate outline and additional scale detail. I've never seen one in person but it is said to be a very nice kit. The seller also happens to be a top notch individual. Should take a 26-35cc gasser no problem.

I have a Midwest Texan and it is one of the best performing warbirds I've ever had. Flies more like a pattern ship than a scale warbird!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Thanks for the input but I dont think I'm going too sell the DA50 as its going to be just fine in my Edge I looked up the specs on the G-62 and they seem to be the same as the DA 50?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Well IMO a Da50 would fly a 100" T6 in a scale like manor, guys flew them with quadra 50s and a DA is more powerful than those ever were
Issues would be you'll need a ton of nose weight (might as well have more motor) and it will be very slow to respond to throttle, not much getting out of trouble power.

If you want a smaller T6, I had the Midwest with a quadra 40,, a 35cc would work great,, Fun plane, I'd go that way and save the 50 for something that's a better fit

Good luck
Old 07-23-2011, 01:18 PM

I have a Ziroli AT-6 kit... Just sitting in storage. I will never build it (A.D.D.) lol. Fiberglass fuse, cowl, plans, canapy, wing kit, and some other stuff probably. Havn't looked at it in a while. Let me know. I live in Charleston, SC. I'll be moving to VA in January and its just one more kit I don't need to take with me...