Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 SF1 - Next phase soon to start...... >

SF1 - Next phase soon to start......

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

SF1 - Next phase soon to start......

Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SF1 - Next phase soon to start......

Pictured is the first full moulding of the SF1 project, a two year work in progress realisation of a very rare 70's prototype jet.

This pictured SF1 will be tested using a single turbine powerplant, and the twin turbine powered version which is in the final throws of being made will be shipped over to me to start testing in the UK.

Still a massive amount to do, but the hard work is almost done - well we hope so anyway ;-)

The plan is to see this flying during the 2012 season, and for those interested, I will post here with updates, while the original thread over in 'Jets' will carry the more frequent information moving forward.

For those intrigued it was called Skyfox, developed from the T33 Shooting Star and project managed by Boeing - only one full size example was ever built and flown - successfully I might add!

marcs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76373.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1623596  
Old 06-15-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: SF1 - Next phase soon to start......

What a lovely monster, best of luck with your endeavours. Can't wait to see the updates on how it all goes.

Karol