Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Is Sierra Giant still in business? >

Is Sierra Giant still in business?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Is Sierra Giant still in business?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Sierra Giant still in business?

A friend of mine who's living abroad asked to post this. He purchased $2,200 worth of hardware from Darrel Tenny of Sierra Giant last December. He wired the money and the last contact he could make was to confirm the money was received. I know Darrel has a good reputation, but this friend tells me he has called and emailed at least 50 (yes, fifty) times to no avail.

Any info will be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:41 AM
My Feedback: (53)

Default RE: Is Sierra Giant still in business?

I have purchased many items from Sierra this year, there service has been excellent. Maybe just a transaction that has "fallen thru the fence".
I has no reason to beleive that thing are nothing but well there.

Chris923
Old 06-21-2011, 06:45 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Not had any problems here nor seen any posted on the forums, in fact I just talked to Darrell last Friday. Why don't you try calling him?
Old 06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Yak13

A friend of mine who's living abroad asked to post this. He purchased $2,200 worth of hardware from Darrel Tenny of Sierra Giant last December. He wired the money and the last contact he could make was to confirm the money was received. I know Darrel has a good reputation, but this friend tells me he has called and emailed at least 50 (yes, fifty) times to no avail.

Wow, that's alot of cash.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 AM

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yak13

If your friend can email, why doesn't post this himself? Possibly contacting wrongaddress?
http://www.sierragiant.com/
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Thanks guys. I will call Darrel right now. I asked my buddy why he does not post himself. He simply is not into forums of any kind. He promised to register in RCU though.

I'll keep you posted.

Ed
Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I have also been having problems getting any sort of a response from them. I started e-mailing them back in December last year to enquire about a set of retracts for my 27% Cessna 421 and never got a reply.
In February, I rang and was promised retracts would be ready "in a couple of weeks" but I never received a single e-mail to confirm and seek payment.
I ended up ordering the set through their new "Distributor" in the UK and paid near-on $800 for the parts in the first batch.
The UK guys are adamant the parts have been posted some 2 weeks ago directly from Sierra but I'm also unable to get any sort of confirmation or tracking info.

If it wasn't for the reputatin Sierra Products have, I would never have risked that sort of an amount after the complete communication blackhole.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 PM

I also requested several times spareparts for Hangar 9 landing gear unit, but never received any reply-perhaps not intrested to do too small business...?

Hannu, Finland
Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he tells you that the parts will ship on Friday, don't hold your breath. I've been waiting of a landing gear set since 2008. He kept on telling me that the gear was at the welding shop and would ship Friday. I finally gave up and made the gear myself.

I would like to get my plan back though.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

If he tells you that the parts will ship on Friday, don't hold your breath. I've been waiting of a landing gear set since 2008. He kept on telling me that the gear was at the welding shop and would ship Friday. I finally gave up and made the gear myself.

I would like to get my plan back though.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Such a shame because every report I see indicates their products are good but the non-communication and non-shipment of people's goods that they have in good faith paid for is bound to take them out of business.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (53)

Why if you are all concerned about Sierra, why not call them and stop the speculation? I reiceved product from them in April and May and the turn around less the 10 days.

No issues.

Chris923
Old 06-30-2011, 02:34 PM

I have - on and off for the last couple of months. Simply goes to voice mail and no returned call or e-mail
Old 07-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Swapped a couple of mails about getting some retracts a couple of weeks ago. Both mails were answered promptly and (most importantly!) the gear arrived yesterday.

Terry
Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 PM

G'day Terry,

I don't understand how you managed that. At a quick count, I have since December last year tried e-mailing them some 11 times and never received as much as a single reply.
I managed to call them twice, on both occasions very pleasant and happy to make the set but then nothing.
I finally ended up ordering the set through a distributor in the UK who asked for Sierra to drop-ship a set to me to save on freight.
Supposedly, that set was shipped some nearly 4 weeks ago but of course nothing has arrived and I have been unable to get any tracking details whatsoever.

I'm quite upset over this because $800 is a lot of $$$ for me and I cannot accept having been taken for them!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Can't explain, but that's the way it went down! What I was ordering was fairly standard stuff (TF Corsair) so this may have been something to do with it.

I have in the past had one or two mail enquiries to Sierra go astray, but have also had very good response when I needed parts.

Terry
Old 07-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Well, I now have reports confirmed by the UK Company that Sierra never shipped my retracts.
They seem to be happy to pocket my $800 but not as keen to deliver the goods.
I bet they wouldn't play games like this if I lived in the States because I'd have an easy way at them for mail order fraud but fighting the case from Australia probably isn't worth the $$$
All I can do now is kiss my $$$ goodbye for nothing and then make sure I tell my story to as many people as possible in the hope others don't get burnt like I did

Terry, if you have a dialogue with them, maybe you can stick a rocket up their a**e for me?