Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 FIREWALL FOR A HANGER 9 TAYLORCRAFT 20 CC ARF >

FIREWALL FOR A HANGER 9 TAYLORCRAFT 20 CC ARF

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

FIREWALL FOR A HANGER 9 TAYLORCRAFT 20 CC ARF

Old 06-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIREWALL FOR A HANGER 9 TAYLORCRAFT 20 CC ARF

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">Hello All&hellip;&hellip;&hellip;

I just started flying again after 12 years of boating and boy has everything changed&hellip;</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">I purchased a beautiful Taylorcraft 20 cc ARF that I stalled at a low altitude and damaged the nose &amp; firewall.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">
So I&rsquo;m in dyer need of a template of the firewall.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">
Can anyone HELP?????</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">

</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">p.s.
I can not under stand why you do not get a print of this plane. After paying $600.00 for the plane one would think that a blue print would come with it.</div>
Old 06-29-2011, 09:52 AM

Default RE: FIREWALL FOR A HANGER 9 TAYLORCRAFT 20 CC ARF

This is an ARF.......Blueprint...... What's That???...... That's how much it's changed!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

Blueprint............ Remember the paper that came with your model, It had stright lines &amp; rounded lines so if you damaged the plane you could
<span style="font-size: xx-large">fix it. </span>
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I crashed my older style Hanger 9 Taylorcraft and decided to use the cowl and windscreen from the newer as replacements. They are not the same size but will work with a total rebuild of the fore half of the plane. The way I came up with the new firewall was to use the cowl for the template, of course making it slightly smaller to ensure that the cowl would fit.

Another thing to consider if doing this is to make the firewall only a 2/3 firewall instead of a full. This allows chasing the outflow ventilation rather than a huge cowl cut out.

I'll provide my rebuild narration. Warning... if one is on dial up... don't go to it as it is long and full of pics.

http://pages.suddenlink.net/arlyn/tcrebuild.html