Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Cutting Dubro Treadlite tires

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Cutting Dubro Treadlite tires

Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Razorback Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting Dubro Treadlite tires

Ok Gonna do some experimenting, I cannot find a 5 inch tire/ wheel combo less thatn 1 1/2 wide. So I was going to attempt to alter the ones I have. Has anyone attempted to do this by cutting one in half and removing the material desired and glueing back together? Was wondering the a type of adhesive needed. For kicks today I cut a 4" Skylite in half and on a flat surface with 80 grit I sanded down a 1/8" off of each side. Havent glued together yet. I did pick up some liquid contact cement but was thought maybe the 3M #77 spray adhesive may work also. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.Thx, Terry
Old 05-26-2013, 05:42 AM
heinzulrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cutting Dubro Treadlite tires

If you are planning on using those tires on an aircraft then I would reconsider. Now, I know there is a flexible glue that is super strong, example : we took a bungy strap cut it into four pices and used this glue to put it back together again, we tested it with four people , two on each end and pulled trying to break it with no success. If I could only remember the name.....
As for the contact cement , although it is strong, I do not believe it would hold up to the flexing, it wasn't designed for that..
Seems to me that there is a product out called "Goop" it comes in a tub like tooth past come in except larger. I used that at one time and mane was i strong...
Heinz