Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

giant scale corsair retracts problem

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

giant scale corsair retracts problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 03:00 AM
MILDBILL-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default giant scale corsair retracts problem

I have been building this kit for a friend in our club. It has Robart electric retracts. I have gotten everything to work fine & all the gear set correctly. As long as it is working off the receiver battery, things are good. My problem is when I try to run the gear off an auxiliary battery. On the Robart control box, it has a port which allows an aux. batt. to be used. When I remove the little "jumper" that is in the port & plug in my aux. batt, nothing works at all. The thing is giving me a headache. I have sent an e-mail to Robart, but no response yet. Anyone here ever had this problem?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	plane 4.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1943261   Click image for larger version

Name:	color2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1943262  
Old 11-30-2013, 05:17 AM
rschaffer

What size battery are you using? I believe it needs to be a minimum 6v battery. I've removed the jumper on mine, and I'm using an 11.1v LiPo with a voltage regulator to bring it down to 9v, and they work fine. On 6v they worked slowly, and a bit jerkily, but still worked with the aux battery plugged in. Also, it looks as if you have the 85" wing corsair, so make sure your jumper is on type 1 and not type 2. Type 1 for the larger retracts. Also, if using a 4.8v battery, the instructions recommend using the jumper in the type 2 position. Hope this helps somewhat...good luck!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:08 AM
MILDBILL-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

I am using anything from 8.4 volt packs down to another 4.8 volt flight pack. The 4.8 volt flight pack running the receiver through to the robart control unit runs them just fine. (although a little slow).
Old 12-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Lnewqban

Originally Posted by MILDBILL-RCU
...............On the Robart control box, it has a port which allows an aux. batt. to be used. When I remove the little "jumper" that is in the port & plug in my aux. batt, nothing works at all. The thing is giving me a headache. I have sent an e-mail to Robart, but no response yet. Anyone here ever had this problem?
It may be a problem of polarity with the auxiliary battery.

Copied from the manual:
"Take care to maintain proper polarity when plugging in all leads."