Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Looking for plane value

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Looking for plane value

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 04:23 AM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for plane value

Need help with plane value[HR][/HR] Hi All,

Hope some of you might help me figuring out the value of a plane I'm trying to help a family friend sell. Unfortunately I do not have the plane in my possession. I live in lower Michigan and the plane is in Upper Michigan.

My friends father has passed I have been told was a meticulous perfectionist at building planes. She needs to sell it to help pay some debt. She says someone has shown interest but she does not know what to ask. I am not into giant scale so I'm looking for some help. I don't want her to be taken advantage of. I was waiting to get more info before putting it in the classified section, but haven't yet been able to get to the plane for a first hand look.

Anyway, here is what I know about the plane, and some photos.
The plane is supposed to be in 10/10 condition.

Cessna 182, 26%
Scratch built from Wendell Hostetler plans.
Wingspan = 120"
Length = 82"
Engine is a ZDZ Roto 70 (7 hp) twin cylinder 2 stroke gas
Servos are Futaba 9202 (hi torque)
Complete flying lights
The interior is actually upolstered !

If anyone is interested please PM me so I can help her with a price and or connect her with a buyer.

Thanks in advance

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cessna 1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	2023819   Click image for larger version

Name:	cessna 2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2023820   Click image for larger version

Name:	cessna 3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	2023821  
Old 08-20-2014, 11:18 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

From the pics it looks to be very well built. That engine sells for roughly $800. I'm thinking if you were really, really, really lucky you might sell it for $1,500 with everything. More likely, I'd guess maybe $1,100 but you have to find a buyer. You never know. If that plane were mine there would be no way in heck I'd let it go for less than $900 even if I was living under a bridge.

carl
Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Tom,
The best you can do is to look at the Ads here on RCU. That will tell you what planes like that are selling for. What its worth and what someone is willing to pay is often very different.
Good luck
Old 08-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a local sale of a very similar airframe and condition and it fetched $2,200. This is a scratch build not an arf and as such commands a better priced if well done. I would consider a starting price to be at least $2,200 as you can work your way down in negotiation but never back up. I would suggest the bottom line to be $1,800 min.

Best of Luck.