Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Rescued 1/3rd scale J3 Cub!

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Rescued 1/3rd scale J3 Cub!

Old 03-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rescued 1/3rd scale J3 Cub!

Couple nights ago I got a opportunity to rescue a 1/3rd scale J3 Cub's fuselage built from Bob Nelitz plans.

Aircraft was built 25 years ago but was left at the stage where I you will see in the pictures. Some old epoxy joints have dried and broke over the time, couple tig welded or brazed joints on the scale tube landing gear are broken. Main top joint of metal fuselage truss frame is broken. I don't think horizontal stabilizer was ever mounted on the fuselage but it's there. I also got un-cut fibreglass cowl with it, that's a plus. Over all this fuselage needs TLC, plus wings and rudder still has to be built.

I will slowly work on this model till it's finish as are RTF flying model aircraft as time will permit.

Sorry my picture files are too large and HD for site to accept, I will post later on...