Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

hitec servo

Old 03-27-2020, 12:14 PM
JJYIV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec servo

I wanted to purchase some hitec servos. D-645MW, I read a review that stated he liked them however was disappointed because they came with plastic arms and that the arms could not be changed out to metal. Either side or push/pull.
Does anyone know if this is true. I tried to contact Hitec but no answer for two days. They are 25T. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:28 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be he had some metal arms with the wrong tooth count. Not all Hitec servos use the same thing.

David
Old 03-27-2020, 12:32 PM
JJYIV

That’s sounds very possible, basically as long as the arm is a 25T this particular servo can be changed using 25T metal arms ?
Old 03-27-2020, 01:00 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:03 PM
JJYIV

Awesome thank you very much
Old 03-31-2020, 07:52 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JJYIV View Post
I wanted to purchase some hitec servos. D-645MW, I read a review that stated he liked them however was disappointed because they came with plastic arms and that the arms could not be changed out to metal. Either side or push/pull.
Does anyone know if this is true. I tried to contact Hitec but no answer for two days. They are 25T. Thank you.
Whomever wrote that review didn't do their homework. As stated, the splines are 25t, and any 25t arm(metal or plastic) will fit. Futaba is also 25t, so any Futaba arm will fit.

Also, I can tell you the D-Series Hitecs are a very nice servo. They took what was already a good servo and made it better.