Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Beware of Phoenix Models planes

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Beware of Phoenix Models planes

Old 07-19-2021, 07:22 PM
acdii

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

This is disturbing. I am searching for reviews on the Slick Aerobat 20CC ARF as an entry point into 3D planes and come across several Phoenix planes that disassemble themselves in flight. It appears one of them happens to be one of the 580's I am considering. Is the consensus on these to avoid them? If I have to go to the trouble to strip the covers and reglue, I might as well just find plans and build my own.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:31 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the updated information, I was just considering the Phoenix Slick to replace my Extreme Flight model. Guess I will spend the extra cash to get another Extreme Flight Slick as I know it can handle the stresses of 3d flight.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:23 PM
acdii

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I just looked at the Extreme, but looks like they are electric only, too bad, pricing was pretty good.