Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Support of Phoenix Models

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Tower Hobbies Support of Phoenix Models

Old 06-21-2021, 09:17 AM
R.J. Rose Ocala FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Tower Hobbies Support of Phoenix Models

Have a brand new Phoenix 30/35cc P-47 that I just finished assembling. Cycling the electric retracts to adjust the MLG gear doors, the right retract quit in the retracted position. The motor buzzes but doesn't rotate. Sent a support request to Tower Hobbies and was surprised with their response - - "contact the manufacturer for support". I responded that I was incredulous to get that kind of answer, only to find out that Tower/Horizon only support those brands that they own, not all the brands that they sell. I then responded whether they support several engines and radios to which they responded, yes they do. I know they don't own DLE, OS, Saito, Futaba, etc. so their reason for refusing support of Phoneix models doesn't wash with me. Totally disgusting!
Old 06-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Discovered this issue last year when a part was omitted in the same model. Even though is was NIB, their only response was to load it back in the box and send it back for a replacement. Problem was it was 3/4ths complete already.

Basically, the customer only matters prior to the sale.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems ever since the merger of Tower & Horizon that things have gone south, radically different, or whatever
title you would like to put on this group. And having competition from China hasn't done anything to help all
of those of us that have supported Tower over the years..........