Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Cl-415

Old 11-24-2021, 07:56 AM
danwennberg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cl-415

I'm new to the forums and seeking your expert advice and would love to pick the brains of everybody!
My buddy and I are building a pair of 82" CL-415 Canadair Water Bombers, which will be electric. (Tell me if I need to be asking in different category thread)

This is a scratch build from blueprints we found online after an extensive search for any CL-415 plane! We have no idea of how heavy it will be, but are planning on maybe 10 pounds. That being said we are HOPING that a pair of eFlite Power 32 motors will be enough to get this airborne and have extra power for that "just in case" situation!

Where can we order 10" CW & CCW 3 or 4 bladed props? We are intending top have the motors each rotating inward, as was in my Horizon Hobby Catalina. Props with 3 or 4 blades seem to be NOT POPULAR, but they are used with your Giant Scale builds, so they must be available somewhere!

Any comments, recommendations or comments are most certainly welcome, as we feel we are just jumping into the deep end without knowing how to totally swim!

Thanks,
danwennberg