Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Dave Patrick Super Cub C/G Location?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Dave Patrick Super Cub C/G Location?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 08:24 AM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dave Patrick Super Cub C/G Location?

Hi guys,
I've worn out my eyes and fingers looking for ANY clues of the center of gravity location for a Dave Patrick Supr Cub I just purchased from a friend.

The airframe has flown in the past with a different engine, but I bought this airfame with a newly installed DLE 30 that has not flown in this Cub.

Would anyone know the CG location? I can't even find a Dave Patrick Super Cub manual anywhere on the internet.

Any help from you guys is always and graciously appreciated!

- Mike
Old 05-05-2023, 05:26 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

That is a constant chord wing and should fly comfortably with the CG between 28 to 33 % of chord from the LE. Start in the middle of those numbers, fly then adjust to personal taste.
The following users liked this post:
FILE IFR  (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 02:30 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the response Truck R.

I'll probably give that formula a try. I was wondering if anyone out there had a hard number from the LE that works well for them.
Old 07-29-2023, 10:26 AM
VonZipper65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I just saw your old post about the CG location on the DPM PA-18. I have one of these models I got second hand and it's on my project list for completion. I got this plane unfinished and in pieces so I don't have any actual flight experience with this model that I can share. If you already have the manual, I'm telling you something you already know. However, if, like me, I had to hunt down a manual and have it copied. This quote is taken directly from the manual...

" CG (Center of Gravity); The Cub is sensitive to CG (Balance). Forward is better than aft. Take offs, etc, are easier with a FORWARD CG

IDEAL: 27% MAC (NO FUEL)

4 3/8" from LEADING EDGE OF WING"

I realize this info is probably too late for you but maybe it will help someone else down the road...

Eric