Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Byron P-51 Specs

Old 12-16-2023, 12:31 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Byron P-51 Specs

I picked up a well used, to be refurbished P-51. Needs a little work and finishing of paint. Going to install new electronics, but looks like the motor should be good, I think its a G38. Other than the servos it is complete, but will need a new gas tank and air bottle as well as air lines and such since its what 40 something years old.

What I am looking for are the specs for the throws and CG, and if possible the actual building manual PDF. Also need to consider what servos to use, keeping in mind this plane was designed prior to digital high torque servos, so quality and torque over speed and precision matters most.

Because of it's size I am wondering if I should also use a power box with dual pack setup or not. It's not 3D and isn't precision pattern, just BIG. This plane has flown, but became a hanger queen for the previous owner who has the get around to it someday syndrome many of us have, and decided it is taking up too much room and just doesn't have the time for it anymore so made a deal with me, I make him some boat kits on my laser and he gives me the plane.

Last edited by acdii; 12-17-2023 at 10:00 AM.