Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

PLANES PLUS STATUS

Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLANES PLUS STATUS

I have heard rumors that Carla and crew at Planes Plus are no longer, can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: PLANES PLUS STATUS

I think they've been gone since last summer.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

A friend of mine is in the process of getting Planes Plus back up and running. Hopefully he will get it back online soon. He has taken some time away from it because he is in the middle of some other large business ventures but hopefully he will get it back by summer.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:33 AM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: IFlyEm35

A friend of mine is in the process of getting Planes Plus back up and running. Hopefully he will get it back online soon. He has taken some time away from it because he is in the middle of some other large business ventures but hopefully he will get it back by summer.

Why ?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 PM
IFlyEm35

Why not?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

It's just that she has screwed so many people from what i read...I dont think anybody would do business with her again
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
IFlyEm35

Well I am not sure myself of the history. But I can tell you when it gets back up and running it will be run right. They guys that are going to be behind the scenes are stand up guys and are very excited about it. We'll see
Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

The Planes Plus product was excellent (I know, I'm flying one of their 2.6m Edges), it was Carla and the rest of the planes plus crew that were lacking. New owners will solve the problem by removing the weak link.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Dennis C

Why ?
LOL
Old 01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Hooked-On-RC

Well I for one never had any issues with Carla and when I did order my plane and engine from her as a package, she had both of them shipped promptly, the plane from her store the engine directly from DA. When the plane arrived here there was damage to the canopy of the plane and she promptly shipped a new one my way and it arrived in about 6 days. I will admit the instruction manual for the plane left a little to be desired, but with some phone calls and some emails I was able to get the plane all together.

I know some people have had issues with them in the past, which is unfortuneate, but I am sure we can all say the same things about the majority of suppliers in this industry!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: IFlyEm35

Well I am not sure myself of the history. But I can tell you when it gets back up and running it will be run right. They guys that are going to be behind the scenes are stand up guys and are very excited about it. We'll see
Do the new owners plan to fix the warranty issues for the customers that have been left holding the bag? Are they buying the business and assuming liabilities or just buying the inventory?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:06 AM
IFlyEm35

as far as I know buying the business. I highly doubt that anyone will be left holding the bag. This is a small community and the key to business is repeat customers. So I am sure they will do everything they can to keep everyone happy or make people happy.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Hooked-On-RC

This subject matter came up in another post one time. I do not know why people expect new owners of businesses to take over the "crap" of the previous owners. First and foremost it is a completely new compnay with new ownership, if they choose to support the previous owners "crap" then that is entirely up to them. If they want to buy the business and offer a greater level of service for only the product they sell that is also entriely up to them. Lastly if you want to do business with them, it is entirely up to you.

If a company goes bankrupt and no one buys them out before hand you would have no chance of ever getting product support unless you went back to the manufacturer. There is an avenue to explore, if you bought an ARF from Planes Plus chances are it was made in China, find out which one of the thousand or so Chinese ARF manufacturers it was and see if you can get product support from them, originally it was their product that you bought, you just bought it through their distributor.

I know for a fact if I bought an existing business I would definetly support the previous customers, however if I bought a business that closed down first and ended their client relationships, I would start new, under a new name and only support the products I was selling!

my 10 cents worth!