Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

angine O.S. FT-300 Twin 4-Stroke

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

angine O.S. FT-300 Twin 4-Stroke

Old 02-02-2007, 07:16 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default angine O.S. FT-300 Twin 4-Stroke

before i spend ma $$$$$$ can any body tell me about if the O.S. FT-300 Twin 4-Stroke is a good engine , i just finish my wendell hostetler cessna 150 . please i will need a good or bad recomendation about this engine and your help please att mario
Old 02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: angine O.S. FT-300 Twin 4-Stroke

All I can tell you at this point is that it is a PERFECT FIT for that plane. Lots of room under the cowl and a great exit for the exhaust. I haven't flown my Hostetler C150 yet.
Good Luck with your plane!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a great engime. I have one in my GP pitts with a 22x8 menz prop and it id a joy. It will run fine on 10% fuel and I do not use any remote glow and it still idles perfectly. I have never had a flameout. I have never used a starter, just block both muffler pipes and open the throttle, the flip the prop until fuel runs out the carb to get it wet. Return the throttle to a fast idle, Connect you glow starter and lightly flip the prop backwards against compression. It will start right up and the sound it wonderful. I am using a exhaust mde by KELEO (spelling?) and it has held up well. Do not fret, this is a great (expensive though) engine. You will enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful though. It sounds so good idling you may not get into the air. It's a great engine.