Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 PM
smullis
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TMMY Scale Composites 35% scale Cessna

Hello 182 owners, Just wondering if anyone has the right height of the N numbers for this bird to make it look scale? What size did you use! Thanks, Steve Mullis
Old 10-31-2012, 04:58 PM
smullis

Hello Again, I could use the height and width of the N numbers for scale appearance if possible. I have someone to make these for me with the 30 deg slant. Steve Mullis
Old 10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: smullis

Hello 182 owners, Just wondering if anyone has the right height of the N numbers for this bird to make it look scale? What size did you use! Thanks, Steve Mullis
Call Steve down at Higher Graphics in FL. He has all the info on our Cessnas and can hook you up with what you need. His number and or email is in the thread.
George
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
spidernad
My Feedback: (28)

The following links to pages in this forum have all the info you need for the decals.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10713585
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10896911

Here is how it will look.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10814248
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10814249

If you are building one of these planes, you might want to take an evening with a cold beer and read through this whole thread.
There is a ton of info on this plane. Happy building. : )
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM
smullis

Cessna owners, This is a large thread on this plane and I sure can't remember what thread you all have made some remarks on certain items that has my attention. First on the
wingstrut bolt issue. On my plane they seem pretty snug and look like the nuts are glassed in. How would I break them loose and not do damage to the fuse to put in the blind nuts
you all are suggesting? I guess I could just break the nut off and grind down the glass with a dremel.
Now for the landing sequence. I remember in a post here some where you all say put in a mix of full flaps which is 30 degrees and 15 down elevator. Would that be 15 deg's or
15 mm. 15 degrees seems alot to me but if that is what it takes I will use it.
My plane will not be ready till may or june of 2013 but have been making progress. I have my engine mounted 3W-150 have the landing gear struts mounted. Fuel plumbing
all complete except for wing filler fuel dot. Bracing done on the aft part of fuse. Nosewheel steering complete with servo.Flap and Aileron servo wiring complete. I also have my
N numbers applied. This is a great plane. Lots and lots of room to work. This plane will be fun to fly. Thanks Guys, Steve Mullis
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 AM
spidernad

Cessna owners, This is a large thread on this plane and I sure can't remember what thread you all have made some remarks on certain items that has my attention. First on the
wingstrut bolt issue. On my plane they seem pretty snug and look like the nuts are glassed in. How would I break them loose and not do damage to the fuse to put in the blind nuts
you all are suggesting? I guess I could just break the nut off and grind down the glass with a dremel.
Now for the landing sequence. I remember in a post here some where you all say put in a mix of full flaps which is 30 degrees and 15 down elevator. Would that be 15 deg's or
15 mm. 15 degrees seems alot to me but if that is what it takes I will use it.
My plane will not be ready till may or june of 2013 but have been making progress. I have my engine mounted 3W-150 have the landing gear struts mounted. Fuel plumbing
all complete except for wing filler fuel dot. Bracing done on the aft part of fuse. Nosewheel steering complete with servo.Flap and Aileron servo wiring complete. I also have my
N numbers applied. This is a great plane. Lots and lots of room to work. This plane will be fun to fly. Thanks Guys, Steve Mullis
No pictures?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
style fly
My Feedback: (3)

I drilled out the wing strut treaded dowls through the fuse (it made no damage)and went with just a bit larger screw and have a blind nut pressed and glued into the wood on the inside of the fuse- my original wing strut poped out in flight as do so many others- this is a easy fix
Old 11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
elit95

Hello,
My name is Jim and I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this plane. I'm completely excited and can think of little else..... I've read all posts a couple of times and my question to all of you is about paint choices. Are you satisfied with Tommys painting or a little disapointed? I'm not looking for a Top Gun paint job but lets face it, it's important. I'm thinking of having it done in all white or leave it in primer and complete it here. From all the pictures posted the paint looks great, but a few of you have spoke of minor disappointment. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Sergey Alekseev

Hello Jim, Tommy paints very well. In my case there were photos of real aircraft and Tommy repeated on all models ...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
style fly
My Feedback: (3)

the paint is done well-Tommy even sent me touch up paint in my colors-
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 AM
elit95

Thanks Guy's
That makes me feel lots better, it's always better to ask from the eyes of the owners! Now if I can only pick a color choice.......
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 AM
smullis

mifsudm, I would like to know if you made your throttle, choke, carb heat knobs or did you buy them and where can I get some? Love your detail. Are they made out of wood dowel
or are they machined out of aluminum bar stock? Thanks, Steve Mullis
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
smullis

spidernad, can you do a dash panel for my cessna also and what would it set me back? Thanks, Steve Mullis
Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 PM
smullis

Cessan owners, After deeper research I found what I needed at vogelsang-aerospace. So I sent them an e-mail and hopefully will hear from them soon. I can't get ahold of
katherine for my pilot so I am going to use the same comp as for the dash. I don't plan on top-gun plane but I want it to look like a real as I can get it. It will take awhile but
be well worth it. Tsharks plane is perfect in my book. Thanks for all the help fellows. Steve Mullis All the cessna's on this thread are beautiful. I have not seen anything
wrong with any of them. I hope mine comes out as nice.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
mifsudm

hi, the throttle choke etc are all home made. i use pop rivets to make them. just get the aluminum part off and then i put a festo tubing and similar coloured tubes. just cut 4 to 5 mm, slide it on the head of the rivet to make them look scale. how about making a GPS??

regards Martin.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
elit95

I love all the scale ideas everyone is bringing to the table! Did all the Cessna graphics come on the plane from Tommy? If they did do you find them sized right and did they look good or would you have done them yourself? Also when choosing paint colors did you supply codes or simply say the 2009 gold Cessna? What about interior colors? Randy asked me about exterior and that was hard enough but then he asked "OK now pick interior and fabric colors" I nearly passed out when he asked me. How did you all make those choices?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
spidernad

ORIGINAL: elit95

I love all the scale ideas everyone is bringing to the table! Did all the Cessna graphics come on the plane from Tommy? If they did do you find them sized right and did they look good or would you have done them yourself? Also when choosing paint colors did you supply codes or simply say the 2009 gold Cessna? What about interior colors? Randy asked me about exterior and that was hard enough but then he asked "OK now pick interior and fabric colors" I nearly passed out when he asked me. How did you all make those choices?
Who's Randy? lol

On mine I just said the gold 2009 and I did send him the 2009 brochure from Cessna just to make sure he knew which stripe design I meant. But he already did many 2009's and had the gold one done and sitting there already. He had the interior painted already too and it was a nice light tan that was perfect so i just went for it.

The Cessna decal on the tail was too small and not the right color but I didn't care because I wanted to do my own any way.

If you look above at my post 1604 it has all the details for getting the perfect decals and reg numbers. As for the stripes they did a good job on them so I left them alone.

As for your earlier question about the paint, if your a perfectionist and have the ability to paint the plane yourself, that is the best way to go.
Tommy's paint jobs (at least on my plane) are good but not great. It was good enough for me and I am a little bit of a perfectionist but there were certainly some flaws. Specifically, some spots the paint was thin and you could almost see the gray from the primer, other spots too much paint (kind of runs), there was some stripe color on the door jams when you open up the doors (overspray). And there was a big grinder dent in the rudder that was painted over and was under the gold stripe, so I have to look the other way and pretend I don't see it. (if I think about it, it makes me a little crazy, lol) I think mine was the only one with that big flaw. I hope.
But all in all it's not bad. Like I said a Good paint job but not Great.
If you are a painter and have access to a booth and can lay out stripe graphics etc. then I would go that way. But as you can see by all the pics, the planes look pretty nice from Tommy as is. It's up to you really.

Keep in mind that if this plane were made and sold in USA it would probably cost what, $10,000.00?
For $3200.00 you get what you pay for. Remember, the plane is made in Thailand by guys and girls that are paid ? No offense to anyone, but it's not Northrop Grumman.
It is a Very Impressive RC plane, and is guaranteed to drawl a crowd at any flying field.

OH, and be sure to do the reinforce upgrade where the two fuse halves meet.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
elit95

Thanks spidernad,
I've watched all the videos and read this thread from top to bottom acouple of times and am very excited about this plane. I've got my name on Tommy's list of to do's so final color chioces are whats left. I did ask for the Cessna graphics to be left off so I could do that correctly and should be no problem getting that done. I'm thinking of the 2009 model and the dark red like the fellow with the turbo prop had done... I think I would like to get a pair of the vertical stabilizer fins that you make because that is a cool scale add on. So we might have to discuss that some more if your still offering those.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 PM
spidernad

Thanks spidernad,
I've watched all the videos and read this thread from top to bottom acouple of times and am very excited about this plane. I've got my name on Tommy's list of to do's so final color chioces are whats left. I did ask for the Cessna graphics to be left off so I could do that correctly and should be no problem getting that done. I'm thinking of the 2009 model and the dark red like the fellow with the turbo prop had done... I think I would like to get a pair of the vertical stabilizer fins that you make because that is a cool scale add on. So we might have to discuss that some more if your still offering those.
Sounds great! That red 2009 is a beautiful color scheme, I was torn between that and the gold. It is very exciting looking forward to the arrival or such a cool plane.
I haven't made the fins in a while but give me a shout when you get the plane and I will probably go ahead and make some more.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 AM
smullis

Spidernad, I tell you what I could use a pair of them myself. So if you make some let me know. I couldn't get mine until after the new year anyhow.Probably not till march.
Thanks, Steve Mullis
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 AM
elit95

Spidernad, I tell you what I could use a pair of them myself. So if you make some let me know. I couldn't get mine until after the new year anyhow.Probably not till march.
Thanks, Steve Mullis

Same here might just want to start thinking if you still want to make those again, But I will take a pair when availible.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
spidernad

Thanks, Steve Mullis

Thanks, Steve Mullis

Same here might just want to start thinking if you still want to make those again, But I will take a pair when availible.
Okay, if we make it to 2013 I'll make another batch. lol

Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 AM
Datavision

If I order a c182 from Timmy, how long will it realistically take to get one, with custom paint?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 AM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

ORIGINAL: Datavision

If I order a c182 from Timmy, how long will it realistically take to get one, with custom paint?
That depends on how backed up he his. My guess with the new year holiday coming up for them soon about 3-4 months.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
cgcrc

Hi Fellows;

Re the order time line for the TMMY models.

Tommy is in the finishing process of upgrading the plugs and molds for his latest C-182 and C-185 35% models.

(He indicates in his recent e-mail that the C-182 will include cowling, rivets, panel lines and wing modifications.)

I have an e-mail to him regarding his start time of laying up the new versions of both models.
(Awaiting his reply).

As George has indicated, depending on his back log, 3- 4 months from that date would be a general time line.

I'll let you know what he says as soon as I receive his reply.

Regards
Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.