Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Flap mod for H9 1/4 scale J3 CUB to Super Cub conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Flap mod for H9 1/4 scale J3 CUB to Super Cub conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
b_james

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flap mod for H9 1/4 scale J3 CUB to Super Cub conversion

Hi,

I plan on converting my H9 1/4 scale J3 Cub to a Super Cub. I have already ordered the cowl from Firberglass Specialties - should have in in a couple of weeks. Before I start the Flab mod, I was wonderiing if anyone had close up photos they can share. Becuase of the extra throw these flaps required (almost 90 degrees) Im not sure how to mount the servo/linkages. Also, I would like to see the hing set up. One last question is what servo would be best suited for this - something that lowers the flap slowly. My radio is a JR9303. Thanks

BTW.. really impressed with the overall quality and scale details this ARF has - Also just got the floats last night from Horizon... WOW!!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Flap mod for H9 1/4 scale J3 CUB to Super Cub conversion

I would also be interested in the Super Cub conversion. Can someone post some pics of there flap mods in progress.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flap mod for H9 1/4 scale J3 CUB to Super Cub conversion

Hey James, your 9303 has a delay option on the flaps. I forget where I set it but my flaps on my Super Cub have a two second delay. Its very cool, everybody loves it when I hit the flap switch. Thanks, Jerry.