Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Midwest 27% extra 330S?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Midwest 27% extra 330S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 05:09 PM
jay273
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest 27% extra 330S?

hello all im new to the r/c planes and have a alpha 40 trainer and a simulator g3.5....i have been into the nitro cars/trucks for years and now the planes ....i have a chance to pick up a midwest 27% extra 330S is this a decent plane? i love the large scale planes...is this model hard to fly? i was gonna pick it up just to have for later on ...what thoughts or info does anyone have on this choice? thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
jim52519
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest 27% extra 330S?

Jay273,
I have been flying the Midwest Extra for a few years. Mine is powered with a Moki 2.10. I think it flys great. way better than the other .40 & .60 size stuff I have. I do not compete but use it as a sport flyer. People tell me that when you step up in size they usually fly better. I am in the process of building a 100CC Extra from plans. It is the Hurley Extra that was in Model Aviation about 5 years ago. I think if you are used to the smaller stuff the Midwest extra will be a treat to fly.
If you are flying a trainer now you will provably want to fly somthing a bit more high preformance before flying the MW Extra. Good luck.

Jim