RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Omp extra 300 buyer beware (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/11597849-omp-extra-300-buyer-beware.html)

DannyLooper 04-19-2014 12:19 PM

Omp extra 300 buyer beware

2 Attachment(s)
Video of Wing, Aileron Failure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc7fy8af8u...IPad%20057.MOV

DONT TAKE A CHANCE LIKE I DID

WARNING THEY DONT CARE

speedracerntrixie 04-19-2014 05:23 PM

Sorry about the loss but IMO not knowing your linkage setup I for one would not jump to the conclusion that it was a kit defect. Look on the bright side, it didn't hit one of those houses or vehicles.

astrohog 04-19-2014 06:12 PM

DannyLooper,

I heard you mention something about flutter in the video and then you continued to fly? I am not sure if you are aware of this but when flutter occurs, there is something terribly wrong with the setup of that plane, ie: poor geometry, hinges poorly glued to wing or aileron, large hinge gap, hinge line not sealed, insufficient servos, worn servos, etc.

Also, once a plane experiences flutter, there is a very good chance that the flutter has caused some sort of structural damage to said airplane and it is wise to land IMMEDIATELY and THOROUGHLY inspect the airframe for any internal damage.

I also noticed that this is your first post on this forum. It is generally considered VERY POOR ETIQUETTE to join a forum just to bash a company.

Now, get that thing fixed and get back in the air! (Hopefully at a safer flying site! I would consider yourself extremely lucky to have not caused any harm or damage to someone or something,flying at a construction site, over a busy road/freeway AND over what looks like a housing development?)

Regards,

Astrohog

BarracudaHockey 04-20-2014 04:48 AM

Cheap servos
Unknown build
Warning of a problem during flight but refusal to take appropriate action.

Yes, blame the airframe.

IFLY3W 04-20-2014 07:08 AM

Why don't you quit crying like a little lost school girl because you screwed up. Manufacture will NEVER take care of you now. And yet you continue to run your mouth about this. Grow the F up! Shows an "assembly" thread of another guys airplane, and claims it is his.........

Quit running around to all these forums bashing a reputable manufacture. OMP is a very solid aircraft. Noone can help that you have a 3 year old mentality and throws hissy fits online about how it is not your fault.

Never answered the question of loctite.... Did you even use loctite on servo arm ball links? Did you even scuff the control horns? If no on both, you completely screwed the pooch, and yet still making a bad name for yourself in this hobby.

I flew both of my EG airframes yesterday, and they didn't flutter.......... HMMMMMMMM???

Jetdesign 04-20-2014 07:14 PM

Did the instructions tell you not to glue the hinges in, or was that your own idea?

TomCrump 04-21-2014 02:11 AM

There is a large propensity to blame others for our mistakes, in this hobby.

Maturity may be attained when we accept the responsibilty for making them, learn from them, and move forward.

K-Bob 04-30-2014 09:56 AM

The original ownwr of his plane had a flutter issue using cheap servos so he replaced them with a quality servo and flew the plane many times with no problems. The OP bought the airframe and declines to buy the Savox servos (referred to as "high dollar servos by him in the video). The OP then flew the plane with cheapo servos, over occupied houses and a work site, experienced and identified flutter occurring, then throttled up and made another pass. Geez. Marie. Wasn't it Ron White who said, "You can't fix stupid."?

He's already been banned from another site but came back under a new username just to fan the flames. Anything he would say or recommend should be discarded as garbage.

IFLY3W 04-30-2014 11:42 AM

Yup. Ain't that the truth!