RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   ISC Pitts Challenger Instructions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/6662168-isc-pitts-challenger-instructions.html)

betote 11-23-2007 11:24 AM

ISC Pitts Challenger Instructions

I purchased an Almost Ready to Cover 1-800-Collect Pitts Challenger from an individual but didn't receive any instructions with kit. If anyone knows where I can obtain a copy of these, I would be willing to pay for them.
I would like to know if anyone knows the plane. Does it hoover with the recommended zenoah g-62.
Thanks.

edgeman55 11-23-2007 12:28 PM

RE: ISC Pitts Challenger Instructions

I had one years ago and it flew well with a stock G-62.If you are looking to hang it on the prop and have power to pull out I would go with a 80-85 engine.The new DA 85 would be nice.

betote 11-23-2007 01:32 PM

Do you still have the instructions booklet?
Would you copy it for me? I`ll cover the cost.
Thanks.

You think that the plane is too heavy to be hang by the prop with the zenoah G-62.

Thanks.

edgeman55 11-24-2007 11:45 AM

Sorry I had this plane 17 years ago and the book and plane are long gone.No I do not think a G62 will hang this bird unless you could get the wieght down.Mine was around 21-22 lbs if memory serves me right.They were built strong but kind of old world construction.

turboratt 11-24-2007 11:52 AM

betote i still have this plane i will look and see if i have book if so i will copy for you and no it wont hover with a g-62 it is heavy my dad has a bme challenger w a 3w 60 in it which i had in mine flew well thou

betote 11-24-2007 02:46 PM

Thank you for the information guys.
I will try to use a 65 ccms engine with electronic ignition which is two pounds lighter and more powerful than the g=62 to see if it hoovers that way.

I will appreciate very much if turboratt can send me a copy of the instructions book, and let me know how much was it.

thanks.

RC Flier 12-01-2007 07:11 PM

Do you still need instructions? I believe mine are available so I can copy them....Larry

betote 12-01-2007 08:31 PM

Yes RC flier, I would appreciate very much if you can copy them for me.
Then if you have a Paypal account y can send you the money for that.

Hey and about the plane; have you tryied to hoover it when you had it?
I did see the real 1-800-COLLECT hanged by the prop with Sean D tucker himself on an airshow sponsored by Pepsi.
That was in Monterrey Mexico in ´94. When I asked the Indy guys about if the plane could be hoovered with a Zenoah G-62 they answer: Yes. Sure why not, it can do also torque rolls.

Thanks,
Humberto.

Hinckley Bill 12-06-2007 01:58 PM

Humberto,

If Larry doesn't have his instructions I know that I do and would be happy to send a copy of them to you.

Just let me know.

Bill

betote 12-06-2007 11:17 PM

Yes Bill. Thank you very much.
Let me know what do you suggest for best solution of this issue.

Regards,
Humberto.

betote 12-13-2007 10:33 PM

Hey Bill I think I will take your offer.
If you like to copy the instructions for me I will be more than happy.
Just let me know how would I pay for them.

Humberto.

betote 12-13-2007 10:34 PM

Hey Bill I think I will take your offer.
If you like to copy the instructions for me I will be more than happy.
Just let me know how would I pay for them.

Humberto.

bnjones22 12-30-2007 12:37 AM

Have you got the instructions yet? If not let me know I have them also.. I am just going to build mine now too... I am thinking da85 as I have one in the Aeroworks 75cc 260 and just love it.

betote 12-30-2007 10:17 PM

No newflyguy I haven´t got it yet. Would you please copy them for me?
Thanks.

About the engine, I´ve got the Zenoah 62 and I made a test stand with a dynamometer on it.
It showed that the g62 could deliver 21 3/4 lbs of thrust. That is around the model final weight,
so I don´t know if that would be enough for hoovering or just close.

I´ve also got a Gf 65i and I don´t know if that engine would be a better option. It seems that I have to install it to my test stand to really know how much static thrust does it have?

Greetings,
Humberto.

betote 01-04-2008 02:08 AM

Hi newflyguy. Have not heard from you since you asked me about the instructions.
If you still have them would you make a copy for me?

Humberto.

betote 02-05-2008 03:50 PM

Hey Guys! But I still haven´t found what I am looking for?
Sounds like a familiar song? It does for me.

Would anyone out there copy for me the instructions of the ISC Pitts Challenger?

I would appreciate that very, very, much.

Thanks,
Humberto.

weldercde 02-06-2008 10:21 PM

hey betote,
I'm looking for the same instruction book if you get let me have a copy. I'll pat to.

bnjones22 02-08-2008 02:57 PM

Hey you guys sorry i haven't returned the messages , I will copy them today and send them out talk to you as soon as I copy them.

bnjones22 02-08-2008 03:57 PM

Ok guys, please send me your email addresses and I will email the instruction book to you, I have scanned it into my computer. Brad.

bnjones22 02-09-2008 06:35 PM

Betote... I have the files ready to email to you just send me your email and you will have them. Brad.

betote 02-10-2008 01:07 PM

Hi Brad.
Thank you very much for your answer.
You let me know how we will do it.
My e-mail [email protected]
Thanks,
Humberto.

bnjones22 02-11-2008 10:14 AM

Humberto.... I have just tried to send it to you let me know if you get it or not, please if not I will send a hard copy to you.
Brad

betote 02-11-2008 01:23 PM

Yes Brad Thanks!

I´ve sent you an e-mail to let you know that I received it OK.
If you have trouble sending it to weldercde I can help you to do it.

Brad you are certainly a good R/C pal!

Thanks,
Humberto.

rcflyer0623 02-17-2008 08:23 PM

Hey guys i have a ISC pitts challenger for sale. If anyone interested, asking 1500.00 ready to fly. I do have a picture of it. It includes the radio and G-62 power.

JEanes 03-08-2013 07:45 AM

Anyone know where the CG is on this plane ?