RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - General (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/)
-   -   Dave Patrick Is He Out Of Business????? WHAT'S UP!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-general-467/8045253-dave-patrick-he-out-business-whats-up.html)

willey 10-13-2008 02:15 PM

Dave Patrick Is He Out Of Business????? WHAT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I placed an order on line for a Bisson muffler and tailwheel, the web site took me through the whole order process, gave my card number and everything seemed to be fine, kept checking my account and no money has been removed as of yet so I call the number finding it's been disconnected????? OH Boy!! I said - that's real nice is he OUT OF BUSINESS?? the web site order form works?? So today I though I'd check here on RCU and see what the word is about Dave. I found a couple threads but nothing solid.

He should at least take the time to shut the web site's order form down, and post that he is no longer taking order's

So we will see if the money ever comes out of my account?

Kinda disappointed in Dave, thought from when I talked to him a couple times and read many articles of his he would handle business better than that.:eek: :eek:

Anybody know the facts??

Tired Old Man 10-13-2008 04:45 PM

RE: Dave Patrick Is He Out Of Business??????????????

Everyone (ceptin' you;)) has known he's been pretty much shut down for the last year or better. He may come back up, which would 'splain why he still has his website.

willey 10-13-2008 08:53 PM

WELL.....Stuuuupid me![&o][:-][:'(]:eek: ...I guess I should have known that when I went to his web site that's up and running with a order page that takes your card number with no problem and thanks you for your order with a return email... sorry BUT what was I missing there????????[:o][:o][:o]

.... [X(][X(]ooooOh I know...., sittin my FAT A*S in front of the computer instead of building airplanes for the last year and half searching on different forums watching & waiting for Dave Patrick to GO OUT OF BUSINESS, that sounds like fun.[:-]

He may come back up, which would 'splain why he still has his website.
What's up with that???? if anything he should post what's going on to the public on his web site.

If he's been OOB that long without posting anything on his web site would I order online from him again .....nnnno

POST IT DAVE... SAVE WHAT YOU CAN THERE ... if you think your coming back, looks like you had some nice stuff.

TIRED OLD MAN... email me if you hear of any other companies going out of business would ya!;) I'll be down in the work shop, I'll check in more often.;)

willey

Ranfred Radius 10-13-2008 09:04 PM

Don't know about parts, but I have heard that Cermark bought the rights to Dave's ARF kits.. Just hearsay at this point, as Cermarks website says nothing about aquiring DPM..

SoCalSal 10-15-2008 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: willey

WELL.....Stuuuupid me![&o][:-][:'(]:eek: ...I guess I should have known that when I went to his web site that's up and running with a order page that takes your card number with no problem and thanks you for your order with a return email... sorry BUT what was I missing there????????[:o][:o][:o]

.... [X(][X(]ooooOh I know...., sittin my FAT A*S in front of the computer instead of building airplanes for the last year and half searching on different forums watching & waiting for Dave Patrick to GO OUT OF BUSINESS, that sounds like fun.[:-]

He may come back up, which would 'splain why he still has his website.
What's up with that???? if anything he should post what's going on to the public on his web site.

If he's been OOB that long without posting anything on his web site would I order online from him again .....nnnno

POST IT DAVE... SAVE WHAT YOU CAN THERE ... if you think your coming back, looks like you had some nice stuff.

TIRED OLD MAN... email me if you hear of any other companies going out of business would ya!;) I'll be down in the work shop, I'll check in more often.;)

willey
It's people like Dave Patrick that make you never want to order on-line again.
I feel for you. Call your bank and see if you can put a stop on any payments to this idiot. Then call the cops and see if you can do anything about his web-site. I just don't know why one would go out of business and not kill their web-site???? maybe he is a theif???maybe he is very sick and can't do it???? Who the hell knows but he is giving on line retailers a shackey reputation.

Better yet....find out if there is a way you can post online a warning about this guy. Also contact the people here at this web-site and see if they will post a warning for the good of all involved.

Tired Old Man 10-15-2008 12:43 PM

RE: Dave Patrick Is He Out Of Business????? WHAT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!

Don't understand all the angst. Two words and a wink and you went off the deep end. Too much stress buddy;)

If you placed an order using a credit card just call the card issuer and cancel the order. If you used Paypal, well, I'm not going there because I won't use Paypal.

As far as the DP products, there wasn't ever anything there that wasn't available elsewhere as good or better, with the exception of his biplanes. Cermark took over the Pitts a looooong time ago. Like years.

BTW, I don't sit in front of a computer all the time keeping track of who is doing what. Most of the time I'm travelling. Internet access is now generally available world wide.

tevans55 10-15-2008 10:29 PM

Cermark purchased DPM. Call Cermark.

tevans55 10-17-2008 10:22 PM

A friend called Cermark today and was told DPM planes would be available in two months...just in time for Christmas?

LearnedInUk 10-18-2008 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: willey

kept checking my account and no money has been removed as of yet

So we will see if the money ever comes out of my account?

He was never charged......

tailskid 10-18-2008 02:34 PM

Through the years I come to the conclusion Dave is ONLY concerned about himself and that is a sad commentary!