Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Big Stick 60 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 10:58 AM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Stick 60 conversion

Been out of the hobby for about 6-7 years and its time for my return. I have a Great Planes Big Stick 60 with no motor. I am going to convert it to electric. Plane will be about 6.5-7 lbs. I just want to get this up in the air to get back into the game.

I have ave an 80a speed control and a new Rimfire 1.20 brushless motor laying around back from the day that I never used. I am thinking that the motor is probably too big?? What would be a suitable setup? I would like to have a 4S setup if possible, but If I need a 6S setup I am ok with that. I am just looking for a decent performing plane. Electrics are new to me so I am still learning.
Thanks.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My old flying buddy picked up an over weight over built Ugly stick He uses a 60 of dubious worth and an 100 amp esc. It is as said a porker so props are critical if you build heavy. It flies best with an APC 15/8 with decent performance. Battery used is 6 cell 4000/5000 amp. play with props. You can only maximize the model by flying it wtih a few different sizes and be amazed at the difference in performance the right prop does for a model.