Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Flyline Fairchild 22 conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Flyline Fairchild 22 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flyline Fairchild 22 conversion

I've recently converted a Flyline Fairchild 22 to electric with excellent results. It has a Scorpion 2212-22 motor, Scorpion 25A speed control, and a 2100 mah lipo. Performance with an APC 9X4.7 prop is really good. I use full power for takeoff, but soon throttle back for the rest of the flight which includes almost constant aerobatics. I can make 3 flights of 5 or 6 minutes each on a single charge and still not experience a BEC shutdown.

The F-22 weighs about 35 ounces as an electric. Has anybody else flown this motor in a heavier airplane? I'm sure the motor will do more.

If anybody else is contemplating building one of these kits, please contact me as I initially flew it as shown on the plans and had to do several modifications to make it a good flyer. Would be much easier to do the mods while building the kit.

Dick Fischer