Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

two hs-81's in place of a standard servo

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

two hs-81's in place of a standard servo

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:18 PM
sco215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: two hs-81's in place of a standard servo

hey snuts look what i got. i guess ill be melting my fingers off all night lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59245.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1304347  
Old 10-29-2009, 05:17 PM
snuts

A picture of some Monocote. I have a magazine with lots of colors -Ha Ha- Show us some results later. I'm thinking you may be flying Sunday. Now I will be watching the weather in your part of the States. How about we hold off on the Alberta clippers until January. I did take out an electric assist glider out to the slope today. Only got to +4*C , somewhere around 40*F, but the wind was from the south, not normal until spring here.
I'm going to clean off my workbench tonight, try and get it ready for the weekend, time to hybernate. Maybe, a 12ft electric glider. But don't hold your breath.
-Snuts-
Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
sco215

sounds like a plan. 12foot what are you thinking of building kit,plans,scratch? looking forward to seeing it saturday...lol...sound like a big project i would have to cut a hole in the wall for the wing alone. i bet you will be hybernating way north there. are winters are mild concidering your location. dout it will be up sunday but might be close. ill send some pics of the covering progress. well its of to the iron and box of razor blades. and yes we will try to hold back the weather for ya till january it was 55deg here today.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
snuts

An Alberta clipper, is a flow of cold dry air that collides with warm, moist air over the great lakes, a snows like crazy out the St Lawrence area. The eastern Canadians always hate them, must not effect the eastern seaboard.
Last winter I did a home built 3Meter glider (elect assist), must have a hundred hours on it (hr at a time). My host, flying buddy always likes flying it when I get out my winch and pure glider. So he is hinting of a build he can get in on. This one need spoilers bad. So a new 144" wing is easy to do. The last wing only took 9 days to draw, cut, build, cover. Last one was 10" X 10ft, this one will be 12" X 12ft. May have to put my Quad battery in it for Ballast.
So shall we make some suggestions on what you can do with White / Black, or wait for pictures.
-Snuts-
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
sco215

got the bottom of the wing done less the striping

Name:	Ki20514.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1304634  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:25 PM
sco215

sorry the pic is dark ill take some better ones in the daylight outside
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
sco215

hey im up for any ideas with black and white
Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 PM
snuts

I was looking through some of my model pictures (digital) nothing that I would promote again. I once started to duplicate those water droplet type splash like you would see on a sea-doo. But by the time it was done, they turned out to be flower pedals, on a purple airplane. So I put a snoopy pilot figure in it and called it "Groovy". That was a scratch built 60 size cloud dancer.
I'm not really artistic. Those diamonds on the J.R. glider tug are cool. Go to J.R. Radio. Then look at their events history. They have been hosting an annual glider aero-tow each summer.
Well I don't want to keep you from your covering job.
-Snuts-
Old 10-29-2009, 11:09 PM
sco215

no im done for the evening its midnight here
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
sco215

hey snuts, do you use monokote? i have not used it in a long time it seems different to me it does not shrink like it used to have you noticed this. also seems more brittle
Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 PM
snuts

I do use monocote, not often enough, and my memory is poor enough that I couldn't remember which is what. But if your asking what my all time favorite is/was, Black Baron by coverite. If they still make it I would mail order some. Since 1985 I have only mail ordered I airplane, a Super AVA 147" comp sailplane (actually my wife did for a Christmas gift). I do find Monocote difficult to use. There are lots of posts about it changing, better, worse. Well I hope to be covering something in a couple of weeks. Still doing a super bench cleaning, but I pick up this and make a proper home for it, and read a magazine at the other end of the bench. Yeh, your grinning, every modeller is the same. Like sending a child to go clean up his toys, now I'm laughing.
Stay focused, -Snuts-
Old 10-30-2009, 03:47 PM
sco215

yeah why does it take us 2 days to build something and 2 weeks cleaning it up. everytime i clean i allways find something i have not seen for awhile i lose focus easly. i have never used black baron film and yes they still make it. i think if i cover anything again i will not be using monokote again why change something that is not broken. im getting ok results but old habits die hard before wrinkles could be takin out drum tight with the heat gun not anymore i heated and heated and it just wont go as tight as i like. and the instructions have not changed so pull it as tight as you can when tacking it down cuz it aint shrinking anymore. nuts i have allways loved monokote.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:03 PM
snuts

I imagine you will be tired tonight. Shoot us a photo when you can, or the finished job. Maybe flying this weekend? I was fortunate enough to get out to our R/C field today, 4 flights on a gas burner only +4*C.
The bench cleaning went sideways, now I'm cycling batteries, phonecalls, and cleaning. I hope to get some more flying in this weekend. Sunday A.M. will be the LT25 in the schoolyard.
-Snuts-
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 PM
sco215

no i will not be ready to fly this weekend im slow. do you have any means of taking video of the lt-25 at the schoolyard? would love to see it. yea just got the wing done ill get some pics up. still need to do ails,stab,rudd,fuse,paint the gear and i dont have any music wire also need to make up a battery pack. man when you think your close. gunna try and take some more aireal video with the telemaster at a different feild sat am then halloween with the kiddies.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 PM
snuts

I'm not that tequnical, only got my first computor last Nov. But I will take a few photo's & pick a good one for you, nothing special. But getting it out will refresh the conveniance, and style of flying for the off season. Packed the cargo trailer for the winter, funflys are done this year. Grandson just arrived, wish you a safe Halloween.
Skip the Pumpkins, My wife sells headstones - now wouldn't that be cool a temporary cemetary in the frontyard!
Bad Snuts!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:06 PM
sco215

indeed it would. you should look into the flycamone2 thats what i use its pretty easy to use afterall i got it to work i just velcro it to the botton of the plane. and it will be on the lt-25 for its maiden. does your grandson enjoy the flying? i know my son age 3 really enjoys going to the field although my wife has to come as well to keep an eye on him for i cant steer him and the plane the wife could care less about the flying but she does support my addiction i meen hobby ha ha. will prob glue up the hinges tonight for i use robart hinge points the have never failed me like ca hinges have

Name:	Ro41846.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1305278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24597.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1305279  
Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 PM
sco215

snuts, did you get to the field today? i did not for it is raining again man will it ever stop. but i have been using the flight sim not the same but none the less flying. got everything covered except for the fues that will be done tonight. then glueing hinges. while the hinges are seting ill install the electric gear. then still gotta make that battery also. just ordered some music wire. so how was your flying today?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:55 PM
snuts

Windy here, finished cleaning the shop. I took out my parkflyer with led's on in at 8:30 in the dark. 1car stopped to watch, some bigger kids said COOL across the road. The forcast is windy again tomorrow. Might try first thing in the A.M. Good luck on the covering tonight. I do like the pinstripe. Looking forward to a covered shot.
-Snuts-
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 PM
sco215

you will have it in a couple hours. what kind of plane has the leds. im glad at least you got out today the rain and weather is so untypical for this time of the year it was 70deg at 6 pm. back to covering now ill get some pics up soon.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
sco215

here it sits getting closer left the top of the fuselage uncoverd so i can mess with that tailwheel witch i lost the bushing for the tiller assmbly (nuts) should be much closer tonight

Name:	Xv63707.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1306158  
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM
snuts

I really like it! I usually do my engine compartment with gloss black Tremclad, a 1/2 pint goes forever. I first use water based urethane a few coats, I can do it in the house, then the Tremclad. After a few days it is even fuelproof. Not applicable here, but I use it for most everything.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
sco215

not sure i have ever heard of tremclad ? but i usually brush a couple of coats of sanding sealer than ill airbrush some one shot sign painters paint its high gloss and very hard. great minds do think alike a.ha ha . went ahead with the tail wheel tiller system but i found a tail wheel in the spare parts box it has that coil spring like yours it will let me use a larger wheel. also will put some triangle stock with epoxy in the rear to beef up the tail wheel area are cuz im hard on wheels. i have been know to bounce upon landing. lol

Name:	Vt56861.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1306218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94858.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1306219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18431.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1306220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93923.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1306221  
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
snuts

Tremclad is a metal paint like rustoleum. Same idea gloss black.
As for the missing tail wheel bracket. You could put a spruce or hardwood block glued to the fuse bottom sheeting (inside), and another glued to the stab inside the fuse (top). Drill through the two solder a grommet low next to the coil. Slide the vertical axle up through the bottom block, a second grommet ( or wheel collar) and solder in in place to carry the assembly once airborne. Did you lose the tiller bar (plastic one) aswell? Wish I could just give you mine I will never use it, it's still in the pill bottle with the other left over hardward. I usually put all my parts in a small jar, or pill case and lable a peice of tape on it. Remember my memory is not that good!
Sure like that pinstrip! May have to re-trim mine for next spring.
-Snuts-
Old 11-01-2009, 04:46 PM
sco215

i have the tail wheel assm. i just lost the nylon bushing for the tiller assm but i made one from another nylon bushing and i just installed the tiller in the fuse. was just laying the servos in there to make sure everything is working together. should be fine. getting ready to cover the top of the fuse. still have no music wire. went to the hardware store they normally carry it but they were out just my luck. yea i like the stripe as well. it going to be an aireal video platform so im thinking of putting some other grapics on the wing ect to represent that..sky eye 1. or something to that effect.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
snuts

Going back to the original post, arn't you glad you chose HS 225's. I'm sure you are really looking forward to shooting go-arounds, and video.
I will deffinatly be looking into the video camera that you are using, I'll get all the product information for Mrs. Clause, makes it a lot easier -Ha Ha-
I did some reading today, check landing systems on your 8103 page 41. Looks like the same landing system I am using on my 9303! We keep upgrading, and then find out what our previous radio was capable of.
Well I have been busy on a Glow model this weekend. Part of the clean up. Dreaming of an electric tug for a 3M glider. Have to borrow my Wattmeter -back- from a young club member. He realizes how valuable they are. Now he is waiting for Christmas aswell. I think Wattmeters make perfect gifts.
-Snuts-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.