RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Glow to Electric Conversions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-electric-conversions-132/)
-   -   Balsa USA Enforcer to electric (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-electric-conversions-132/10439217-balsa-usa-enforcer-electric.html)

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:22 PM

Balsa USA Enforcer to electric

1 Attachment(s)
We are building two of these to fly together this year. One stripes on the bottom will be different, but everything else will be identical. The leading edges are filled with Great Stuff spry foam. Very light yet strong. Also keeps the push rod sheaths locked in place. No slop what so ever.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:24 PM

RE: Balsa USA Enforcer to electric

1 Attachment(s)
More progress.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Covering continues.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The inlets in the leading edges were made using covering tubes. We had to build removable hatches for the battery compartments.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Close up of the latching system.

The air flow will go through the motor box.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A series of holes allow the air to enter the battery / ESC compartments. We also added a scoop on each side of the fuselage to pull air over the electronics and out.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More shots of the venting and intakes.

ram3500-RCU 04-02-2011 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took her to a show in Columbus and was awarded 3rd place. It still needs more cockpit work and a few other things. The second one is almost done as well. We are at the Toledo show and have it on display there. Also looking for batteries at the show.:D

ram3500-RCU 04-08-2011 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is #1 of the two we are building. She weighs 7.6lbs all up, and we got 12.5lbs of thrust when we tested the system today!!!!!! This should be fun:Dn.

We displayed her at the Toledo show this past week end. Many nice comments on her.

mobileraptor 09-30-2011 07:01 PM

I've been out of the hobby for a while due to various reasons but the one project I didn't let go was a modified Enforcer I was building..

Hoping to finsh it in the near future. It was going to be set up with pusher .91 ducted fan. But now I'm try to put the information to go togeather for a pusher electric. The problem is I know nothing about electric.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...nforcer044.jpg

ram3500-RCU 09-30-2011 07:19 PM

I think we can help you. We built two identical planes, except for the coloring on the bottom, to fly together. One was heavily damaged on the maiden due to my brother using an older 4.8 Nicad battery with the 2.4 system he had installed. The RX locked out and it went in at almost full throttle. The wing survived, but the fuselage is bad. The second one (mine) had a new A123 battery on the RX and it flew great right out of the gate. We were able to lesson the up deflection of the ailerons and elevator after the first flight, and it flys even faster now.

We are using the Castle Creations Ice 75amp speed control, with a 6s 5000 LiPo. A 5s works also, she is just a little slower. I'll get the specs on the motor and prop and post them later.

I can tell you, it is very nice not to have to deal with the mess of the fuel and the issues the exhaust cause on a nitro pusher. Electric is the way to go on the Enforcer, IMO.

BTW, the air intakes we built into the wings are working perfectly. The speed control and batteries are being cooled just as we had hoped.

If you would like specific pictures of something, I'll be happy to get them for you.

allns47 06-22-2019 09:31 PM

Motor specs

ARA-Jet 02-07-2020 04:34 AM

Enforcer CG and surface throws

Hi.
I am getting my enforcer going again. I need the CG and throws as I have changed engines and servo location.
can someone please post the specs?

Thank you