Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 90T Twin

Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
SteveKremer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 90T Twin

Hello,

I recently got a Saito FA90T engine that was supposed to be NIB. It had been run and put away. I lubed it up and got it turning, and it runs pretty good, but, sounds like the bearings are bad. Anyone have a step by step procedure to replace bearings? With pictures would be nice. Or a procedure for a 100T - probably the same.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Saito 90T Twin

Changing bearings in a 90T or a 100T is same procedure as for a single cylinder engine except you have two cams

The timing of the cams is where things are more critical.

The right cam is identical to and the timing is the same as a single cylinder Saito

The left cam has both a line and a dot for timing marks. You are to use the line. The line is to be pointing at the crankshaft when the left hand cylinder is at top dead center.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcdiesel.../2/S_HrTCCO-GY Disassembly of OS 52 Surpass II

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcdiesel.../1/2WO9LRBIc_g Reassembly Part I

http://www.youtube.com/user/rcdiesel.../0/8FoLT8VjKqE Reassembly Part II

The Saito 90 T Right cam is assembled by having the timing mark on the cam directly towards the crankshaft when the right hand cylinder is at top dead center. There is a oil hole in the intake cam that can be used to locate the cam by inserting the small end of a pushrod through the lifter hole to engage the hole. This will locate the righthand cam in the correct position.

The left hand cam must be held with an Exacto knife blade in the correct position.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 AM
SteveKremer

Thanks w8ye. Any information on disassembly of the vane pump assembly. It is on the back plate

Steve
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 AM
w8ye

It is generally not taken apart.

There are no parts available

If defective, it is removed

The new engines do not have the pumps
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Show us a pic or two of your engine?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:04 AM
SteveKremer

Thanks again w8ye,

So just remove the 4 outside bolts on the backplate, and remove plate? Leave the 4 inside bolts inplace?

I have the bearings on order.

I will get some pictures shortly

Steve
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
w8ye

I have a 100T and it came with a diaphragm pump mounted on the right cam housing. I replaced the cam housings and removed the pump.

I cannot remember just how the vane pump is made?

The new 100T engines do not have any kind of pump.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 PM
bsfoothill

Default New Here... Doing my grandfather a favor. ;)

My grandfather recently got into the hobby of RC flying out here in Yuma, Az. He was given a cub with floats but never really had the interest in flying it out on the water. I was able to find a gentlemen on craigslist to purchase the body frame from him- but now he still has the Saito Twin Glow Engine- FA-90T with the glow starters and prop..... I think I said all of that right?!? ahaha

SO- my next mission seems to be to help him sell his engine. He isn't too internet savvy but was a legitimate full-size aircraft flight instructor and private pilot for decades. He loves this hobby so I really want to throw my two-internet savvy cents in and help him sell this engine so he can purchase another RC he has been eyeing. Can you guys offer any help as to the price of these types of engines and how best to go about listing and selling them and where to do so? I honestly don't even know what a fair price for one would be.

I'm putting a post on craigslist and the paper tonight- but I'm wondering if ebay is a better shot?
How do you buy your parts? Any and ALL HELP is SOOOOOO greatly appreciated. Please email or text me with any help you can offer.
[email protected]
(910) 916-5350
Or you can just shoot the breeze with my gramps. His name is Bob and can be reached at (425) 238-6837.

Thanks again!
-JulieAnna
Old 12-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

You can go to the Buy and sell on the Home page (here on RCU). You will find the Book Pricing which is easy to use and go from there.
Be sure to give something in your listing as too condition, it helps a lot. This is a good place to sell.........