Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Enya .60XF trouble when running hot ?

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Enya .60XF trouble when running hot ?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
tiffitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Enya .60XF trouble when running hot ?

Hmm, I wouldn't mount an shielded main bearing (Nitro Residues!?!).
Regards,

Holm
Old 04-10-2011, 08:22 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Altered1
The paperwork that came with the engine lists 4 .60's - this one, and the II and IIIB and IIIB TVG-8.
The IIIB and the IIIB TVG-8 are the earlier baffled piston engines, the TVG-8 just represents a larger carb than standard. That leaves yours and the X-II. Enya uses a shield on their front bearings and maybe yours has a shield but in the photo it looked like a rubber type seal which is why I asked about it.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Altered1

Holm, I've yet to check the main bearing, I believe it's open.  It's the front that is shielded, and yep, it looks like it is a plastic/rubber shield Downunder.

Part number stamped on it are:KSK 9R-6,  its a 3/8 bearing.  From looking online, it's a standard size.

I'm hoping there may be an oversize available ?  I can ask at the local bearing shop. I'll just take the engine in and see what they think.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Altered1

I found the following online, can anyone comment ?

Front bearing 9.525 x 22.225 x 7.142[/b]
rear bearing 17 x 32 x 7

thanks
[/b]
Old 04-11-2011, 04:22 AM
tiffitech

I don't think that the bearings are available in oversize. If you really have a problem there you can always glue the bearings in with epoxy, don't use a heat hardened variant or you will never get them out :-)
Ask Ken Enya for the Bearing sizes, there are at least thre variants of this engine out there. I do also own an Enya 60X, first revision.
Ken Enya's mail address is: [email protected], Ken is one of the Brothers that owns the company and answers any questions personally and friendly.
You can even buy the bearings from him (1. quality) for not to high prices, but I really don't know if the postal services do really work nicely from there now.
In normal times you will have to wait only 2 days. (in germany longer because of our ****ty customs departments)
Don't forget to convey our best wishes and kind Regards to the japanese people down there..

Regards,
Holm
Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Altered1

Cheers Holm,

and everyone else that posted.

I'll do that.  Once I sort it out, I'll let you all know.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Altered1

For thos such a me, looking for bearings for their engine, try here:  (unverified for accuracy)

http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/minia...earings-18479/
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Altered1

Can anyone confirm my 60XF TV AL-chrome front housing is the 60III ? it's the 7101 model.  I think I've found a housing and bearings, but need to confirm its the 60III and not the 60II   I should be able to tell from a different main bearing OD ? 

big bearing approx dimensions 32mm external dia, internal approx 15mm

small bearing 22mm ext dia, 9mm internal and about 6mm wide

I can't give you exact dimensions as I don't have a vernier scale.

Appreciate the help
Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
It's an easy fix! Take it apart and have a look at the ballbearings! If the engine was prevoiusly run on Castor oil it surely needs new bearings after sitting for 8 years.

I have only had trouble with old bearings that sat around WITHOUT castor oil. With castor the varnish seems to protect them, just need to get some fuel in the crankcase and let it soak first.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Sport_Pilot

Correct, Enya #4 is probably what you need and about the same as OS #8.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Sport_Pilot

Actually if you cannot get a new housing, then red Loc Tite may seal and keep the bearing in place. Or some epoxy. Actually this works well, but makes it hard to replace the bearing.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Altered1

A new housing, front and rear bearings arrived today - thanks to a forum member who pointed me towards a evilbay seller that had what I was after.

So over the next few days, I'll look at getting the engine all put back together and fire her up again and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Altered1

.... Update - The wrong housing was sent. I now have a front housing for a Enya 60XF-4 and a main bearing to suit. This will not fit my 60XF TV CHROME. oh well... I hope I can find someone to swap parts with, or re-list on ebay.... Main difference - the internal main bearing dia (and shaft dia is 17mm on the -4, and 15mm on my unit.

But the front bearing fits my old front housing, so I hope I can get going again after I source a local bearing.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 AM
tiffitech

Yes, he can replace the front housing, but this will be getting expensive.
I don't think that the engine is sucking air trough the front bearing, the bearing itself isn't used to do air sealing,
that's the job of the long cylindrical part from the Crankshaft in the Housing.

I think, engine dies because the front bearing is seized up and the outer ring will be expand and finally gets stopped
because of the heat. This will stop the engine instantly.

If this where my engine I would order new bearings, they are cheap, and would try to glue in the front bearing
with some epoxy at first before I would order an new front housing. It is clear that the housing should free from oil
and debris, also the outer ring of the new bearing. It this doesn't work, one can order a new housing later..
The Main bearing has to be an open one, C3 if available, the front bearing should be a Z or 2RS...
The epoxy used shouldn't be a heat hardened type so you can remove the bearing any time as usual with heating
up the front housing. Any "5 Minutes Epoxy" will do fine, a single drop will be sufficient.

Kind Regards,

Holm
Old 06-10-2011, 12:02 AM
downunder

ORIGINAL: Altered1
.... Update - The wrong housing was sent. I now have a front housing for a Enya 60XF-4 and a main bearing to suit. This will not fit my 60XF TV CHROME.... Main difference - the internal main bearing dia (and shaft dia) is 17mm on the -4, and 15mm on my unit.
All 60XF's are Model 7101 but obviously changes were made along the way and one must have been to the crankshaft. I've just pulled apart my 60X-III and it's got a 17mm crankshaft with a 32mm diam rear bearing. You can see from the photo how the front housing on mine differs from yours because it doesn't have the "step" for the front bearing because a larger diameter casting would have been needed for the 17mm crankshaft. Seeing your front bearing is spinning in the casting then your only real option is to email Enya and see if they still have the earlier small crankshaft front housing or the later 17mm crankshaft to go with the housing you just got (so long as the crankpin fits your rod ).

If anyone's got a 60XF-II then it'd be interesting to know what size crankshaft it uses (the shape of the front housing could be a good indication).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33555.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1621347