Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

K+B with Irvine Carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 AM
dkadous
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K+B with Irvine Carb

I bought a box of old engines at a garage sale. One of the engines is a K+B 40 with a Perry pump and an Irvine carb. Back when the K+B 40 was common I had 4 or 5 of them. None of mine were pumpers and all had a perry carb. Anyone know if this pump and carb set up were factory?
Don
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: K+B with Irvine Carb

Idont think Irvine ever supplied K&B with carbs.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 PM
AMB

The Irvine carb if the Brit jetstream is one of the best should be a super runner do not think you even need the perry pump try it without martin
Old 09-08-2012, 05:33 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I remember it, the K&B pumper engines all has Perry carbs on them. The Perry carbs were special for pumped engines with a more lean midrange and a larger inside bore or venturi as the engine doesn't need to draw fuel with a pump on it. They still sells the special Perry pumper carbs too.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:03 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a a pump added to the regular. The regular carb could handle a pump but the pump carb would not run well without the pump.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Sometime around 1979 to 1980 I bought a brand new K&B .40 that came equipped with a grey plastic Irvine carb. No pump. It worked perfectly. Shortly after that, K&B started shipping engines with their own metal carb, but it wasn't the Sportster style metal carb. It looked as though it were carved from a big block of aluminum. They worked just fine too.

Ed Cregger
Old 09-11-2012, 03:18 PM
codycarlisle25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My K&B Pumper came with a grey Perry pump carb. I bought some used K&B .40's that had a black Irvine carb, but they were unpumped versions. Being as how they were used there is no telling how they were sent from the factory. I always thought the pumped version made exceptional power for its weight.