Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 180 engine

Hi to all I'm new to this
can anyone help I have a moki 180 single new to me I just can't get it to start
Old 09-29-2013, 02:44 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the glow plug first or better yet, change it to a new one. It is possible that a glow plug looks good but fails under compression. If it still does not start, prime the engine through the exhaust opening. Dan.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Johno Dorset

Thanks alldaydan I have just tryed that it back fired and set the floor on fire lol...
but that's good it's trying to fire now
oh and I'm using my hand to start the engine is second hand he said that he messed with the carb p.s sorry for the late reply.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

If the carb has been "Messed with" be sure that the idle adjust is set to a mid position. By that I mean that the little notch in the disc is set to the die cast ridge on the top of the carb. Make sure the hi speed needle is open 3 to 4.turns to get it going, you will then lean it out after you get it going. Use large diameter fuel line and muffler pressure. Give it a really good prime ( Moki's like to start wet) and flip it backwards against compression if you are hand proping. It should go eventually :-)
Also, if you can, use an OS "f" plug and no nitro fuel. Mokis run fine on it and it is a lot cheaper.
Good luck
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM
jp928
My Feedback: (5)

JL1 has it dead right - very wet, strong glow, flick backwards. Can take a LOT of running in, in 3-4 minute bursts. Carb idle mix disc rarely needs moving from centre setting. If this disc moves in use the 2 O rings inside are probably old and hard. If the small O ring inside the needle valve (some models, not all) is worn, it may be hard to set the mixture reliably - may see fuel leakage. Nitro is not needed. We run Klotz oil, 18-20%. 18x10 to 20x10 work for us.
jp