Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

O.S. 1.08 ......I need a way to connect to the throttle arm on the carb.

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

O.S. 1.08 ......I need a way to connect to the throttle arm on the carb.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 1.08 ......I need a way to connect to the throttle arm on the carb.

I just acquired this engine and it runs great... I have a small problem... The carburetor throttle arm is a ball joint that looks like it came with the engine new...? It is a large ball and I have very little space to connect it to the throttle servo....on the airplane..., as I have a muffler in the way... one small opening between the muffler and the engine... I need to make something like a z bend connection due to the space ... but there is no way to connect even if the ball joint is removed as the ball joint screws into the carburetor directly... there then is nothing to connect to..

Has anyone run into this set up and how can I make a simple connection...? the nylon connection arm for a ball joint will not slide between the engine and the muffler, a pitts type muffler....

Thanks, Richard...
Old 04-03-2016, 05:40 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Use a Dubro clevis, the black plastic kind with the brass swivel. They make several sizes, take the brass out of the eend and it will fit over the ball on the linkage
Old 04-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks for your suggestion... I have it installed and it looks good... will check it out at the field tomorrow.... Thanks....
Old 04-07-2016, 06:45 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

Great

Bob
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 AM
mchandrayan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Heli guys have plenty of ball links that will fit the OS 108 ball on the carb. I was in your shoes once and took the engine to hobby shop measured the link and bought a pack. I have plenty now