Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

K&B 61 Gold Head

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:45 AM
RHarding
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B 61 Gold Head

I recently got a new in the box K & B 61 gold head. I believe it was called the twister. On the mounting lug is G97 61. Hand written on the inside of the box is "Last one produced in the K&B factory under Wisnewski's supervision". Can anyone give me info on this engine? When it was built? Is it in fact the last one?
Thanks, Richard
Old 06-22-2016, 05:16 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice piece of history. Whenever he retired would be the answer. They still make them technically, but I dont know if they really are. I have a K&B 6.5FIRE that Perry supposedly had when designing the carb for the series. No way to verify except the letter I have form whom I bought it from. Sounds like a engine assembler stuck a little note in hoping someone would appreciate it.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:52 AM
takEon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Twister 61" was offered during Bill Bennett's ownership of K&B. They like big props and are timed much like the Sportster Series. I don't know if they were manufactured after MECOA purchased K&B or they just assembled them from parts to sell. Currently, the "Twister 61" is discontinued and will be replaced by the new 99-5102 K&B 61 ABC. The new offering will be going to a new case design and more traditional Head arrangement. This info comes from CF Lee as he has been trying to get Mecoa to change the head design for years. The engine is very lite weight and can swing 13 & 14 inch props.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:38 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by takEon
The "Twister 61" was offered during Bill Bennett's ownership of K&B. They like big props and are timed much like the Sportster Series. I don't know if they were manufactured after MECOA purchased K&B or they just assembled them from parts to sell. Currently, the "Twister 61" is discontinued and will be replaced by the new 99-5102 K&B 61 ABC. The new offering will be going to a new case design and more traditional Head arrangement. This info comes from CF Lee as he has been trying to get Mecoa to change the head design for years. The engine is very lite weight and can swing 13 & 14 inch props.
I firmly believe that you have a better chance of the 2nd coming of God than Larry Linsolato ever putting out that engine, or any of the K&B engines pending. He has had engines pending for over 25 years. Yes I'm still on one of those lists if in fact they even exist anymore.

Dennis