Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Saito 270T right cylinder hard to light

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 270T right cylinder hard to light

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:31 AM
xcz5785
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saito 270T right cylinder hard to light

I bought a plane with a used Saito 270T. The right cylinder is hard to get lit. Once it does finally light it runs fine, a little hesitant at low-hi if I let it idle a long time. I put a new plug in (HORIZON 3011) which did not help. The exhaust valve was stuck at the tappet but I did get it working again with PB Blast. I have checked the valve gap and is good. No issues with the left cylinder at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:02 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

The right cylinder is hard to get lit
I don't know your engine well at all, but I can give you some suggestions, start by looking at the easy things first, and hopefully some one that knows a simple trick for that engine will reply,

because you brought up the right Exhaust Valve first start by removing the glow plug on the left side so you can check the compression on the right side,,, then swap, and check the compression on the left side, this will tell you if the right side is down on compression (check with the Carb fully open),

If you find the compression is down on the right side you should then go back to the Exhaust Valve, it may not be closing completely, in fact it could have a broken Spring,

check to see if the right side Intake Manifold is tight to the Head and tight to the Carb and it's not sucking air, for that matter the inside of the right Manifold could be dirty or even plugged, you know bugs like to explore,

make sure the right side Exhaust pipe is not plugged, you could remove the Exhaust pipe for cleaning and look inside the Port to see if it's clear, again bugs like to explore..

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 09-14-2017 at 09:19 PM.