Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

HELP PLZ....ROSSI 53 CARB replacement

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

HELP PLZ....ROSSI 53 CARB replacement

Old 07-29-2018, 03:15 AM
bikz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP PLZ....ROSSI 53 CARB replacement

broken (and bent) high speed Needle assembly

Dear brethren,

I crashed my fav Stik today which had the brilliant Rossi 53 two stroke engine......anyway, my carb got damaged.....not the entire carb but the part which is bronze in colour which houses the high speed needle and the fuel in nipple (the part on the right of the photo)...

Two questions:

1) Can the part which got damaged, ie the bronze part alone be replaced? If so, plz point me in the right direction to purchase one.
2) I have come across Irvine and Perry Carbs but have no clue which part/carb in either brand would fit this engine. Plz guide me. (can the part in question 1 above alone be purchased ?)

Thank you and all help is greatly appreciated....i love this engine and want it running again.......

Last edited by bikz; 07-29-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:24 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

You’ll probably need to search eBay and the engine forums that get more traffic. The engine forum on RCGroups gets a lot more traffic, you might try there. Rossi parts don’t come up for sale often, but while engines do.

I’d measure the O.D. Of the neck of the carb that fits into the engine, and measure the I.D of the barrel and add that info to any other posts you put online. Perhaps Rossi used the same carb on more than one engine size, so it will help others to help you.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:41 PM
bikz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the damaged high speed needle
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
You’ll probably need to search eBay and the engine forums that get more traffic. The engine forum on RCGroups gets a lot more traffic, you might try there. Rossi parts don’t come up for sale often, but while engines do.

I’d measure the O.D. Of the neck of the carb that fits into the engine, and measure the I.D of the barrel and add that info to any other posts you put online. Perhaps Rossi used the same carb on more than one engine size, so it will help others to help you.
i have not been on the Forums of any kind in a while to be honest.
thanks for your reply.
RC Groups is a separate forum, correct? i have searched on E bay but nothing has turned up except for complete engines for sale!!
Old 07-29-2018, 05:21 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

eBay can be hit and miss on parts for old engines. Sometimes it’s the only place you’ll find old and hard to find spares for old engines long discontinued.

You can try RCGroups.com.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:02 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

my link here may help you find a different brand Carb that will fit your Rossi engine, or you could buy one from MECOA, that is if you want to order from the USA

the chart tells the Neck OD and ID

http://www.mecoa.com/acc/carbs/index.htm

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 07-30-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM
Jesse Open

Received 91 Likes on 83 Posts

Two possibles If I can get decent dimensions from those remains, I can probably make a replacement.
Second, I have a Super Tigre carb that is probably adaptable; either by turning the O.D. down or fitting a bushing.
Let me know if you are interested.