Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 61fsr-h abc head shims

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:57 AM
GaryH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 61fsr-h abc head shims

hello everyone,
I've been a member for quite a while but never got the hang of posting,,( old age I guess ) but, I would appreciate any help if anyone could help with an answer to this;

OS 61fsr-h abc head shims,,Are they still available and Where can I buy them.

just for the record, I replaced the sleeve and piston with Performance Specalties parts a few years back. The engine now has so much compression its too hard to start or full with,
the shims are a last resort.
Thx in advance, Gary
Old 04-27-2019, 05:40 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think in most cases where the head slides down into the sleeve, that any brand shim will work. You can research the bore with manufacturers specs to find one that matches. There are not many manufacturers left, but it may be the same as something OS has. If the head is flush with the piston, then it is a different story. I think once it is broken in, that it will be fine. Just a little tight on top. I have made shims with a compass and a knife on the end up to about .005" thick. Beer cans. Sometime it takes a couple tries to adjust the diameter.