Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

O.s 46ax

Old 06-17-2019, 11:53 PM
Reaper06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.s 46ax

Hi i recently decided to fly my R/C airplane again after 6 years. it has an O.S 46AX glow engine, the carburetor rotor was jammed so i detached it and soaked it in fuel and it got fixed.
surprisingly the engine started with the 3rd start attempt and it worked ok and it picked up good with increasing throttle the only problem is that in low rpms the engine suddenly dies and i think it is because of fuel stopping to flow to the carburetor cause i don't see fuel in the tubes. then i have to block the carburetor and suck fuel into engine and start again and after sometime it dies again. anyone knows what the problem and how to fix it ?
thank you
Old 06-18-2019, 08:18 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muffler pressure line plugged, rotten o-rings at the carb, or a hole in one of the lines. That is where I'd start.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Reaper06

Originally Posted by CHassan View Post
Muffler pressure line plugged, rotten o-rings at the carb, or a hole in one of the lines. That is where I'd start.
so it has an airleak ?
Old 06-18-2019, 09:23 AM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I would initially suspect the muffler line is plugged or any of the lines are compromised (I've had plug lines after setting a bit with residue in it.)

Next I would inspect the plumbing inside the tank and the tank stopper.

I that fails I guess I would pull the carb apart and look for worn o-rings in the needle valves. and where the carb mounts to the engine case.

Last edited by CHassan; 06-18-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Reaper06

Originally Posted by CHassan View Post
Yeah I would initially suspect the muffler line is plugged or any of the lines are compromised (I've had plug lines after setting a bit with residue in it.)

Next I would inspect the plumbing inside the tank and the tank stopper.

I that fails I guess I would pull the carb apart and look for worn o-rings in the needle valves. and where the carb mounts to the engine case.
I'll check them thank you
Old 06-22-2019, 08:13 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

I would also check the rear plate to make sure the seal has not dried out. Air leaks appear anywhere and they cause your idling problem. Check around the carb throat, make sure the two screws that hold the carb in are installed and tight. Maybe the 0-ring at the carb has dried up, sealant from the auto store will seal that up for you. And check you fuel lines, they can develop holes and leak air in or fuel out of them. Blow out your carb with high pressure air. Crud can block things momentarily. A little attention and the engine will be purring along.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Reaper06

Originally Posted by wcmorrison View Post
I would also check the rear plate to make sure the seal has not dried out. Air leaks appear anywhere and they cause your idling problem. Check around the carb throat, make sure the two screws that hold the carb in are installed and tight. Maybe the 0-ring at the carb has dried up, sealant from the auto store will seal that up for you. And check you fuel lines, they can develop holes and leak air in or fuel out of them. Blow out your carb with high pressure air. Crud can block things momentarily. A little attention and the engine will be purring along.
Thank you!