Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

What happened to the McCoy MC-59 Glow Plug

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

What happened to the McCoy MC-59 Glow Plug

Old 05-20-2020, 08:07 AM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (84)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What happened to the McCoy MC-59 Glow Plug

Several years ago a friend recommended this plug for use in a stubborn engine,prop, fuel combo I was running and it was like a miracle. The engine ran great and I bought a couple from Tower to keep in my flight box. Over the years I used them and had one left. I gave it to a friend who was having problems with his inverted OS 108 2 stroke. It solved his problems and he wanted to get a few and give one back to me. I also wanted to get a few more. Well each of us had the hardest time sourcing these plugs. They are discontinued in nearly every outlet we could find online. We were able to find some and we would up buying out all they had lol.

What happened? Only thing I can think of is the continued erosion of Glow Engine use due to electrics and better gas engine options below 50cc.

Pete